Season of redemption

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Interesting thought occurred to me when thinking about this game and who had such big roles in the win.

Snoddy, Perkins, Days, Zenon.

All guys who could have turned in their cleats at some point in their career here, decided to stick it out and are making hay for themselves and the team. Who would of thought these 4 guys would have had such prominent roles on the team this year? Another guy with a similar seemingly underachieving career to date, BJ Bostic, has put together a nice season as well.

Here's to the one trait Calvin Coolidge called the most important of all in successful people, persistance.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I seem to recall that earlier in the season some posters on this forum were very rough on Snoddy. I wish they would come forward & acknowledge what a tremendous game he had. It was awesome to watch him carry the ball.

And I loved seeing so many players on the depth chart getting an opportunity last night.

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
What they have in common is strong CHARACTER. Great young men who will almost certainly use their strong character and Tech degree to do well in life after football. Life doesn't always go perfectly and I am sure their football dreams haven't all come true, but they will be remembered for their commitment to the team.
Candidly I think Tech typically has a significantly higher number of class players than most other schools and I would rather cheer for these guys in a loss than for a Tech team full of 5 star, self centered, superstars. If Tech ever becomes a team full of ability-over-character players, then they lose my support.

Wrecking Ball

Ramblin' Wreck
I seem to recall that earlier in the season some posters on this forum were very rough on Snoddy. I wish they would come forward & acknowledge what a tremendous game he had. It was awesome to watch him carry the ball.

And I loved seeing so many players on the depth chart getting an opportunity last night.

I've always thought Snoddy was a sleeping giant, and was at worst no worse than others who haven't reached their potential - except his ceiling is the highest on the roster at A Back.

What they have in common is strong CHARACTER. Great young men who will almost certainly use their strong character and Tech degree to do well in life after football. Life doesn't always go perfectly and I am sure their football dreams haven't all come true, but they will be remembered for their commitment to the team.
Candidly I think Tech typically has a significantly higher number of class players than most other schools and I would rather cheer for these guys in a loss than for a Tech team full of 5 star, self centered, superstars. If Tech ever becomes a team full of ability-over-character players, then they lose my support.
Well said.

CobbTech

Jolly Good Fellow

I know I was critical of him in the past. Watching him last year, it always seemed like he went down fairly easy. But man he was running hard on Saturday. Breaking tackles, running by guys. It was fun to watch.

Wrecking Ball

Ramblin' Wreck
What have they done against live competition? If you're saying they WILL step up, that's one thing. But Summers (so far) looks like what he is: a fast guy at WR, rather than a WR.

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
What have they done against live competition? If you're saying they WILL step up, that's one thing. But Summers (so far) looks like what he is: a fast guy at WR, rather than a WR.

wow, i really disagree with that. prior to smelter's coming out party, summers jumped out to me as the most natural receiver we had. good hands, good body control. one of the few guys out there who looked natural.

Wrecking Ball

Ramblin' Wreck
That sounds a lot like what people said about Snoddy. Just substitute WR with running back.

Oh, so now that Snoddy has broken out, every single player in the two deep will break out because people doubted Snoddy's lack of production and he broke out. Glad to know that's how it works!

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
Why Snoddy hasn't run like this before? hmmmm Normally a "natural" runner will show that early--we KNEW he needed to get on field SOMEHOW, remember last Sprg thinking of plays esp for him
how about KO return now?

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
When and where did he jump out? Spring game?

What do you mean? You know he's played in games right? He's had about 250 yards receiving between last year and this. So when I say he looks "natural" and has good hands, its based on 15 receptions and 250 yards. I'd say that is enough of a sample size to make a judgement call, at least in my opinion.