Scouting the opposition, Tenn.

Chris Freeman

Jolly Good Fellow
90% of my family are Tennessee fans. Between that, listening to Knoxville radio, etc I am positive that they are completely overlooking us to week 3 when they play Florida. Listened to a hour long segment the other day and they didn't even mention us once. As a matter of fact the theme was beating Florida so that they could be undefeated when UGA comes to town. Granted the team may not feel the same way but the fans and talk show hosts aren't sweating us at all.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
90% of my family are Tennessee fans. Between that, listening to Knoxville radio, etc I am positive that they are completely overlooking us to week 3 when they play Florida. Listened to a hour long segment the other day and they didn't even mention us once. As a matter of fact the theme was beating Florida so that they could be undefeated when UGA comes to town. Granted the team may not feel the same way but the fans and talk show hosts aren't sweating us at all.
Dwag fans used to do that to. Used to....

FlakJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Being from Tn., I'm nearly to the point of wanting to beat uT more than ugag.....I'm torn. Which direction would one be better served to concentrate the bad vibes and ill will?? Both are delusional with expectations and actual on field results.

PBR549

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't know CBJ personally but watching his speech at media days and watching him over the last few years he reminds me of a politician. He says the right things but the results haven't been up to expectations with the kind of talent he's recruited. My feeling is there is something fundamentally wrong inside that program. Apparently players parents are buying what he's selling but something just doesn't seem right. As far as booger goes it's easy to sit in a chair and throw rocks at a guy if there's no consequence for being wrong!

I believe like most teams that don't play us regularly, they think of GT as that other school in Georgia. Also they really don't know what to make of CPJ and the offense. They listen to the standard line, that high school offense. Then when they play us and get run all over, aka Kentucky, they then realize how good we are.

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
90% of my family are Tennessee fans.

Mine too. Can confirm the fans are not that worried about us.

My cousin told me GT having a new QB is a liability. I pointed out the Vols are putting a new QB on the field too...he dismissed it and moved on to something else. They are still hanging on to a "SEC>ACC always" worldview, which has not proven to be true for a few years now.

GTJackets

Ramblin' Wreck
We had a birthday party at my house this past weekend that was attended by my brother, a dwag, and my father-in-law, a Vol. I overheard my fil telling my brother their biggest issue coming into this season was that they were coming in beat up on the DL. A lot of leg and knee injuries. I told him that spells trouble opening up with us because you know we're going to be going after some knees. He laughed nervously.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
We had a birthday party at my house this past weekend that was attended by my brother, a dwag, and my father-in-law, a Vol. I overheard my fil telling my brother their biggest issue coming into this season was that they were coming in beat up on the DL. A lot of leg and knee injuries. I told him that spells trouble opening up with us because you know we're going to be going after some knees. He laughed nervously.
Tell your FIL, as the song says:

"IT'S CHOP BLOCK O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE!"

GTL

Jolly Good Fellow
I have an ongoing project for UT and travel to Knoxville regularly for meetings. The one thing I can say is UT football is a very, very big deal in that town. People wear urnge daily, even those not employed by the university and they make a point not to schedule meetings the day before game day. It's a level of fandom unseen in relation to GT, unfortunately.

And yeah, I can agree, the fans are considering the GT game as nothing more than a warmup.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Mine too. Can confirm the fans are not that worried about us.

My cousin told me GT having a new QB is a liability. I pointed out the Vols are putting a new QB on the field too...he dismissed it and moved on to something else. They are still hanging on to a "SEC>ACC always" worldview, which has not proven to be true for a few years now.
They hold onto sec>acc because they piggy back on Bama. Literally that is all they have going for them, every other team in the SEC is so up and down, no consistency.

Chris Freeman

Jolly Good Fellow
I just don't understand the level of confidence. They are not the Tennessee of the 90s. They have underachieved for a decade. Because of shear talent they were unanimously picked to win the SEC East last season and couldn't get it done and now they've lost virtually every major piece off that team... a team that struggled with App State and lost to Vandy whom we crushed. I'm not guaranteeing victory here as they are still a talented group and we tend to need a few games to knock the rust off but I'm definitely not marking this one as a loss either. Maybe I'm looking at this as a fanatic as well but I think we win this game and in a somewhat convincing fashion; 10-13 points. I just don't see an inexperienced team who's seeing our offense for the first time being able to make the necessary adjustments to keep us from moving the football unless they can simply dominate us physically in the trenches. Personally, I see them trying to manhandle us only to learn they can't and then lack the disapline to do it any other way. Kentucky 2.0

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
I just don't understand the level of confidence. They are not the Tennessee of the 90s. They have underachieved for a decade. Because of shear talent they were unanimously picked to win the SEC East last season and couldn't get it done and now they've lost virtually every major piece off that team... a team that struggled with App State and lost to Vandy whom we crushed. I'm not guaranteeing victory here as they are still a talented group and we tend to need a few games to knock the rust off but I'm definitely not marking this one as a loss either. Maybe I'm looking at this as a fanatic as well but I think we win this game and in a somewhat convincing fashion; 10-13 points. I just don't see an inexperienced team who's seeing our offense for the first time being able to make the necessary adjustments to keep us from moving the football unless they can simply dominate us physically in the trenches. Personally, I see them trying to manhandle us only to learn they can't and then lack the disapline to do it any other way. Kentucky 2.0

That's pretty much how I see it. Yes, we've struggled in early games before, but the last few I can remember were either a top 10 defense (BC), a yearly opponent who knows us inside and out (VT), or someone who hired a special consultant to prep all offseason for us (ND) and still only won by 1 score with biased refereeing and a boatload of mistakes by us during our worst year in a generation. An unfamiliar opponent with all new pieces, looking ahead to a big divisional game, and us returning all linemen and skill positions except QB? Sounds like a recipe for us to beat the crap out of them.

Yella-Britches

Georgia Tech Fan
I just don't understand the level of confidence. They are not the Tennessee of the 90s. They have underachieved for a decade. Because of shear talent they were unanimously picked to win the SEC East last season and couldn't get it done and now they've lost virtually every major piece off that team... a team that struggled with App State and lost to Vandy whom we crushed. I'm not guaranteeing victory here as they are still a talented group and we tend to need a few games to knock the rust off but I'm definitely not marking this one as a loss either. Maybe I'm looking at this as a fanatic as well but I think we win this game and in a somewhat convincing fashion; 10-13 points. I just don't see an inexperienced team who's seeing our offense for the first time being able to make the necessary adjustments to keep us from moving the football unless they can simply dominate us physically in the trenches. Personally, I see them trying to manhandle us only to learn they can't and then lack the discipline to do it any other way. Kentucky 2.0

Kentucky 2.0 +AND+ Miss State 2.0!

Go JACKETS!!
THWG!!!