Scouting FSU Defense: Thoughts?

GT_Johnnybodkin

Jolly Good Fellow
I haven't seen a thread scouting FSU so lets start one or at least a discussion of how you think we will attack their D.

I've been watching the FSU-BC game (mostly b/c they ran the ball effectively vs. FSU). I think BC's run game has some similarities to what we run. When BC ran the ball- they were able to gouge FSU consistently. Their DL is good, but BC was able to consistently get a good push. I think this is a team with great athletes- but on tape- they don't look that as disciplined as VT, Clemson, or UGA. Their secondary has a lot of talent- but i've seen them get burned when they are expecting the run. I think if we establish the dive early on we could really dictate this game.

What do you guys think of this defense? What have you seen that favors or does not favor Tech? How do you think we will/should attack them?

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Mario Edwards at DE is a good one and plays the option well...Goldman is going to a key for us. We have to get him moved to establish the dive.

Ramsey is a ATH...he plays everywhere.

PJ Williams is a first team ACC CB.

Terrance Smith at LB is the leading tackler.

Darby is a pretty good CB as well.

The other 5 are nothing elite IMO.

bat_082994

Ramblin' Wreck
Mario Edwards at DE is a good one and plays the option well...Goldman is going to a key for us. We have to get him moved to establish the dive.

Ramsey is a ATH...he plays everywhere.

PJ Williams is a first team ACC CB.

Terrance Smith at LB is the leading tackler.

Darby is a pretty good CB as well.

The other 5 are nothing elite IMO.
Was talking with an F$U fan earlier. He pretty much said the LBs suck. DBs were really good. Goldman and Edwards were the ones to worry about on the DL

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
8 is a playmaker.
Their DT is really good.
It's an FSU defense. They have talent everywhere, but those two have stuck out in the games I've watched.
I wonder if Charles will use 8 like Foster used Fuller last season. Maybe slide that DT on top of burden to try and draw some double teams and force mistakes.
Or maybe he plays the Miami D, and hope they outscore us and/or we make a mistake.
I'm pumped. They have all their pressure on them. We're playing with house money.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
I hate doing this but our worst GT team did pretty good going up against:
Bjoern Werner
Timmy Jernigan
Everett Dawkins
Tank Carradine
Brandon Jenkins
Telvin Smith
Nick Moody
Vince Williams
Xavier Rhodes
Lamarcus Joyner
Terrence Brooks

All these Defensive players were drafted off of that squad. FSU maybe talented, but not this talented

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I hate doing this but our worst GT team did pretty good going up against:
Bjoern Werner
Timmy Jernigan
Everett Dawkins
Tank Carradine
Brandon Jenkins
Telvin Smith
Nick Moody
Vince Williams
Xavier Rhodes
Lamarcus Joyner
Terrence Brooks

All these Defensive players were drafted off of that squad. FSU maybe talented, but not this talented

Umm, "pretty good"? Are you referring to the game where we only scored 15 points total? The one where we ran for 183 total yards? Umm, I don't think so.

I am sure hoping we do better than that against this bunch of Seminoles.