Scout: Georgia Tech's Path to the Playoff

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Very fair assessment. Given they look at all teams, I agree we don't have much of a chance. But that's why we play the games.

With our schedule 12-1 with an ACCCG win should be a lock."

cyptomcat

Ramblin' Wreck
I think Gary Brown was in one the ones today instead of Shamire.
Gary Brown was listed backing up Trey Braun, who CPJ said went down today, but not serious.

CPJ did say Trey Klock and Andrew Marshall played today, so those were the guys at RG I assume.

TheGridironGeek

Jolly Good Fellow
I only disagree because I think the P5 setup means that most likely, 3 or 4 out of the 5 major conference winners will get in. If there are multiple P5 conference winners with 2 losses, and Tech wins the ACC with 2 losses, then given the strength of the ACC at this point (one can hope perceptions have changed with a natl title + an ACC also-ran beating Ohio State in 2014) and strength of schedule, GT is more than likely to get in.

Hope for parity! An undefeated mid-major or a bunch of 0/1 loss conference winners could knock a 2-loss ACC champ out of the CFP for sure, but it doesn't seem like the most likely scenario. D1 is deeper and more competitive than ever, with a lot of second-tier programs catching up to the power teams in recruiting, coaching and development.

RLR

Jolly Good Fellow
Solid analysis but I would have ended with as long as GT has Justin Thomas at QB, they have a chance.

hwdgeplague

Jolly Good Fellow
Frankly we face trap game after trap game. Virginia, Miami, Duke all must be considered very tough tests. Virginia Tech and Uga while at home both will have serious chips on their shoulders. A young offense will need to be great At Notre Dame. .who may have their backs against the wall with a tough early schedule. Both Pitt and Carolina might have defenses. We may not create as many huge game changing turn overs. Who am I forgetting
..oh yeah. Clemson and fsu...and maybe twice.

Balance that with the fact that we are as solid at qb as anyone this side of Ohio state and we might have a great defense and Coach still walks our sideline. I say we have a 'better than most' chance. To get there...we lose one in the regular season to an Atlantic team but win the rest to get in at 12 and 1.