Salter Defense wins games

charles

Jolly Good Fellow
I have thrown all of our performance positive and non positive issues against the wall and I have come to the conclusion that If we had a little more of a salter defense this year and throughout CPJ's tenure ; We would be more competitive; Just look at the facts The offense has never been the problem; They score plenty of points to win most all of the games, The defense whether undersized to slow or underdeveloped or poorly coached seems to be now and in the past been the Achilles heel of the team; We are loosing way to many games which we are in control in the 4th quarter for whatever reason; I think the focus going forward is not ***** about the offense that we run it is very effective we need to emphasize on better recruiting on defense.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
I have thrown all of our performance positive and non positive issues against the wall and I have come to the conclusion that If we had a little more of a salter defense this year and throughout CPJ's tenure ; We would be more competitive; Just look at the facts The offense has never been the problem; They score plenty of points to win most all of the games, The defense whether undersized to slow or underdeveloped or poorly coached seems to be now and in the past been the Achilles heel of the team; We are loosing way to many games which we are in control in the 4th quarter for whatever reason; I think the focus going forward is not ***** about the offense that we run it is very effective we need to emphasize on better recruiting on defense.

I'm guessing actual facts and statistics probably aren't going to change your opinion? Probably not.

That being said, by almost every stat out there, your assertion is wrong this year. Of the three units, D, O, and ST, the highest ranked according to advanced stats & metrics is the D. First time in CPJs tenure we can say that, but it's true.

Not that facts are likely to change anyones opinion on this issue.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer

You copied one of my first posts about aggressive d

Which at the swarm was severely beaten down with " if you are aggressive with lessor talent they will get easy scores".
I replied you can t recruit special talent aid ayou play bend but don't break.

Last year and before we were plus 100 in rank in getting off field on 3rd down.
This year after Tenn and first half Jax state the head coach demanded lmka
Aggressive defense. Results have greatly improved.
Last game the db were beat on long passes. IMO there is a good academic db in his that wants to show that he can ce a lock down db. If we run the defense they will come.

Bend and break is a recruiting downer