S&P 2019 season projections

smathis30

Ramblin' Wreck
The Clemson game could be a nightmare scenario ... for them.
They won't know what to prepare for and the whole Clemson nation will be there for a party to celebrate the National Championship.
i mean they are going to have a spring game to work with, and will probably have old temple footage as well. Hopefully its a pretty vanilla game, but we'll know by the spring game what to expect

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
I realize that and no doubt a tune-up game would be the best scenario for us ... but maybe playing them first has a few advantages our way ??

If Trevor Lawrence, Etienne, and Justin Ross all get violent diarrhea the morning of the game, I’ll start to believe.

WrexRacer

Georgia Tech Fan
If Trevor Lawrence, Etienne, and Justin Ross all get violent diarrhea the morning of the game, I’ll start to believe.

I’m hoping more along the lines of systematic abuse of PID in the playoffs and a 40 man ban for Clemson in game 1 of 2019.

eastpoint

Georgia Tech Fan
I would say that preseason stuff isn't just wild, it is purely speculative. At this point, it is possible that Clemson's entire two-deep could be suspended for PEDs for the first third of the season. Or that Saban could decide to retire. Or that one of the top teams could have a Marshall like tragic accident and not even field a team. I'm not predicting, expecting, hoping, or even thinking there is more than a miniscule chance of any of those happening. I was just trying to point out that there is no scientific method to predict how teams will fare next year. There are some fairly safe assumptions(Alabama and Clemson will be good, etc.). However, the only use for any predictions at this point are just to open conversations about what people think might happen next year.(Basically entertainment) I don't have any issues with such things as long as people don't believe that such predictions are factual or scientific.
There’s actually pretty strong statistical data that suggests Alabama, Clemson, and UGA will all win at least 11 games in the regular season. Similar chances with Ohio State. After that, things get much more speculative.

GoldZ

Ramblin' Wreck
The Clemson game could be a nightmare scenario ... for them.
They won't know what to prepare for and the whole Clemson nation will be there for a party to celebrate the National Championship.
Skipped right over the "platoon of Clem analysts", huh? They won't be surprised by much. Of course maybe, just maybe, it will be a repeat of Currry and Lavette vs Bama to open the season! If JG = Lavette, we will all be thrilled.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
No, no. We've gone over this before. We want them to get it as they run onto the field. That way it's a lot more embarrassing. And before a national audience.