Russell Contract

Rock

Ramblin' Wreck
I recently bought some Russell workout shorts and shirts. And it is the most comfortable, best fitting workout gear I've ever bought. Unexpected, and really nice.

But Russell is not cool. Every high school kid I coach thinks it's a joke that GT is the only big boy team that wears Russell. They make fun of my GT team-issued coaching jacket I got from a former friend on staff.

And that's all that matters to me. Yes, you could probably slap a swoosh on all our current stuff and a lot of kids would post pics of it on instagram with flame emojis. I get that. And that's precisely why we need a new brand.

Russell=not cool.
New brand=cool.

We need the help.

Bingo.
All about image with these kids today.

GTJoeBrew

Helluva Engineer
Wow. Way to treat your biggest customer?
Yup. Part of their contract is to at least have a direct link to the ramblinwreck website. Nothing to be found. Here's the only reference to us that I can find. Would be nice if we would at least hold them accountable to the contract.

upload_2017-4-18_14-36-49.png

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Kudos to @JacketFromUGA for the find and posting on the basketball side. Thought this is worth reposting here.

Western Kentucky and Russell Athletic End Apparel Deal
This comes as a bit of a surprise as WKU announced a five-year extension to their deal with Russell Athletic back in August of 2015. The two parties have had an on-field apparel deal since 2007.

Western Kentucky athletics to part ways with Russell Athletic, sign with Nike
The school is also expected to announce this week a partnership with Nike, WBKO has learned. That deal is expected to be for five years for an unspecified amount as contract negotiations are still ongoing.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I don't mind being on there with Texas A&M....... Commerce Lions :banghead::vomit:.
Son had a partial football scholarship there in 94 then moved on to another school.

He is athletic director at hs near there and he loves the Russell gear due price and quality. Kids would love to have Nike or UA but cost too high.

It's time for us to move on and up from Russell no matter what the $. Kids don't dig it and kids are the program.

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
Of course, but, regardless of where it came from, it's obviously on someone's mind, and I for one don't like it at all.

Your comments don't make any sense. You know its not from Nike at all, just some random guy, but you're worried and wouldn't want Nike because its "on someone's mind". The internet must be tough for you because its full of **** that's on "someone's mind".

Your comments don't make any sense. You know its not from Nike at all, just some random guy, but you're worried and wouldn't want Nike because its "on someone's mind". The internet must be tough for you because its full of **** that's on "someone's mind".
I didn't say that I don't want Nike, I said, that IF that is the best that Nike has to offer (regardless of whether this particular example is actually Nike or not), I don't like it. Maybe I should have left out all reference to Nike and just said it sucks, because that is what I think of it.

GTJoeBrew

Helluva Engineer
I don't care where it comes from...worst Tech uni concept I've ever seen. Just Gawd awful.

But Western Kentucky now has a better uni deal, by SA estimations, than Tech has.
If I remember correctly, that was done as an April fools joke a couple of years ago. The mixed reaction it got was interesting.