Roddy on the ACC race

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
You. Speak. Truth.
In all seriousness about his appearance, he said some things about the defense for '15 that, other than being interesting if true, really plant the GT flag out there on the national scene. According to him it might be the best defense in the ACC and, then very surprisingly, "in the nation." How much of that was showering with the home team and how much was an objective analysis of the players, who knows? Maybe we will come September, but it was really surprising to hear him be that enthusiastic about the defense.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
In all seriousness about his appearance, he said some things about the defense for '15 that, other than being interesting if true, really plant the GT flag out there on the national scene. According to him it might be the best defense in the ACC and, then very surprisingly, "in the nation." How much of that was showering with the home team and how much was an objective analysis of the players, who knows? Maybe we will come September, but it was really surprising to hear him be that enthusiastic about the defense.
Yes. He did gush about it.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I love Roddy Jones. I hate the media.

Also, I hate all lawyers but my own.

Concerning Clemson, we have done very well against them. But I think that has been more a random act of kindness / luck than anything. The last four years Clemson has won 42 games. We've won 33.

By the same logic, I would say we have had a lot of bad luck in losing to UGAg so much......

But back to Roddy, I like his factual approach and think he will go far. But I would expect nothing less.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Also, I hate all lawyers but my own.

Concerning Clemson, we have done very well against them. But I think that has been more a random act of kindness / luck than anything. The last four years Clemson has won 42 games. We've won 33.

By the same logic, I would say we have had a lot of bad luck in losing to UGAg so much......

But back to Roddy, I like his factual approach and think he will go far. But I would expect nothing less.
I share your feelings about Clemson and Georgia. I have always wondered why it is I often have a feeling of optimism whenever we play Clemson and a sense of dread when we play Georgia. It seems if something good can happen against Clemson it will and if something bad can happen against Georgia it will.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Our record against UGA in my lifetime ain't pretty. So our past history against them does not lend itself to much optimism. How do you think the mutts felt every year heading into the UF game during that drought? Not very optimistic by and large even with their constant delusions of grandeur.

I think a new era in the series has finally dawned. We are putting all the pieces together to compete at a high level consistently. (Which is honestly where the mutts have been for quite a while) We won't make a run at the playoffs every year. But i expect we will be in Charlotte more frequently going forward.

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
True. But the reason I said I hate the media... He is prompted on "what" to say. Understandably, he can't go on and on about GT. But, the MEDIA is on the Clemson bandwagon right now.

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
Not to extend a wasted but interesting discussion, but you know this exactly how?
Its my opinion. I have no hard facts to back it up. But, an ounce of common sense is worth a pound of theory. Everyone in the media is currently picking Clemson to win the Atlantic and most are are picking Clemson to win the entire ACC. Ratings/Money if you pick GT.... We have never been nor will we ever be a media favorite. Roddy is doing his job. The ACC Network is no different than ESPN imo. The push the team that will boost ratings. Clemson fan base far out weighs ours. You could tell in the piece that Roddy was holding back his enthusiasm for GT. Off screen I'm sure he'd say Clemson has a lot of talent. I think anyone would agree. But picking them over GT. Meh... "Okay, Roddy. Here's your cards. Here's what we'd like you to say." Again, just my opinion. No facts.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Its my opinion. I have no hard facts to back it up. But, an ounce of common sense is worth a pound of theory. Everyone in the media is currently picking Clemson to win the Atlantic and most are are picking Clemson to win the entire ACC. Ratings/Money if you pick GT.... We have never been nor will we ever be a media favorite. Roddy is doing his job. The ACC Network is no different than ESPN imo. The push the team that will boost ratings. Clemson fan base far out weighs ours. You could tell in the piece that Roddy was holding back his enthusiasm for GT. Off screen I'm sure he'd say Clemson has a lot of talent. I think anyone would agree. But picking them over GT. Meh... "Okay, Roddy. Here's your cards. Here's what we'd like you to say." Again, just my opinion. No facts.
Well, okay. But if Roddy was "holding back his enthusiasm" in that piece I don't want to see him pumped up. Studio furniture will be splintered.