Robert Carter to transfer

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
We went the year after he transferred so yes he was sitting on the bench, but it's not like he could have been playing regardless of how good he was.
True. I think that UConn team had Josh Boone & Hilton Armstrong, in addition to Emeka Okafor. That UConn team was truly loaded and healthy. Reverse situation from the first time we met them that season.

Anyway... we're closed out on chatting Robert Carter, right?

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
@awbuzz it took me a week and a half to figure out Pitino's joke, so I might aw well just ask what the joke is here... besides the program's performance under BG.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
@kg01 After the Louisville game, he called BG one of the top 15 coaches in America. There are 15 ACC schools. I don't know why t dawned on me last night that had to be why he said it. It's an ACC is the best gag.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
@kg01 After the Louisville game, he called BG one of the top 15 coaches in America. There are 15 ACC schools. I don't know why t dawned on me last night that had to be why he said it. It's an ACC is the best gag.

Ah, ok. Now if you can explain why this thread was bumped I'll be up to speed.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Okay, fine. Still...why the bump? Just being a jerk?

I know. Maybe update how he's looking or something. Just 'bump' and disappear? Why?

Perhaps he's not aware this is a board where we welcome discussion from other schools. Nothing wrong with a good conversation especially now that they're in the B1G.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
@awbuzz I knew that from his name referencing Melo Trimble. I thought there was a bigger joke than that.

@StayMelo While the decision to leave was dubious given the UnderArmour ties to all 3 schools he visited, Carter's decision has clearly turned out to be a good one for him, basketball-wise.

StayMelo

Georgia Tech Fan
Too bad Carter couldn't play this year or this MD team would be even better. The weak link of this team is post play, Carter will definitely help next year.

I found it kinda funny some of you "happy" he chose to decommit. Anyway, I hope Chuck works out for you... I hope he isn't eating all of the pizza on campus. He was notorious for that in CP

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Carter wants to play on the wing though (i.e. jak 3's). Has your coach convinced him to play with his back to the basket?

I don't think anyone was really happy he chose to leave. He was a big part of our team. A lot of us recognized the weirdness associated with the transfer and didn't appreciate the way it was handled.