Robert Carter to transfer

MidtownJacket

Staff member
haha @AE87 patience is a virtue - I assume he is checking on what all he can share.. I am anxious to hear as well though.

GTJackets

Ramblin' Wreck
I will take out the trash I promise!

Sorry, this thread reminded me of something else.
Rottenecards_2599664_tvhfv36269.png

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Has anyone else seen anything? I know Eric was going to post something when he had time, but I am beginning to think this was all smoke no fire. If there was some scandal it seems like it would have been sniffed out by someone by now.

Beginning to think it was just BigBob not wanting to play down low with his back to the basket, and CBG telling him he couldn't keep jacking long bombs.

William S. Baker

Georgia Tech Fan
Just because a player thinks he will be bettering himself by transferring, does not make it so. Carter had a spot on this team and could dominate as plays would be made around him and show case his play. What happens if he transfers and finds he is playing second string or the whole team play book is not centered around him?
I remember when Ed Nelson left GaT for Conn. and bombed out. I personally feel he would have had a legitimate shot at first round in the pros if he'd simply stayed put. At Conn., he was third string and it ruined his whole career. At Tech, he was was the 2001-2002 Atlantic Coast Conference Rookie of the Year. He was a more highly acknowledged player than Carter and wound up in foreign leagues, never making the NBA.

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
Just because a player thinks he will be bettering himself by transferring, does not make it so. Carter had a spot on this team and could dominate as plays would be made around him and show case his play. What happens if he transfers and finds he is playing second string or the whole team play book is not centered around him?
I remember when Ed Nelson left GaT for Conn. and bombed out. I personally feel he would have had a legitimate shot at first round in the pros if he'd simply stayed put. At Conn., he was third string and it ruined his whole career. At Tech, he was was the 2001-2002 Atlantic Coast Conference Rookie of the Year. He was a more highly acknowledged player than Carter and wound up in foreign leagues, never making the NBA.

I remember that he played against us and has a championship ring (we don't) to show for it but not much after that