Robert Carter to transfer

Midlands Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I didn't say the sky is falling.
By chance are you a transplant from the eternal optimist board?

I said I missed him already. When ACC play rolls around, you are going to miss him too. You know that BBC college career is not over with yet right? 2 years remaining. His numbers are not that far off from Davis. Bass was in fact a beast but I think BBCs game is of the same type that he ended up playing in the League without the occasional appearance on top plays. They had better numbers for sure, but they also played on much better teams and for a better coach

And are we talking Josh Smith from UCLA/Gtown? You must be kidding.
I'm talking about J Smooth from Atl. What I mean by that is he has the physical body to bang down low, but chooses to stand around and chunk up 3's. Making a small percentage. I would cringe when Carter would shoot 3's early in a game and make a couple because it meant he would be shooting them all night. he seemed not like playing to his strengths. Dennis Scott he is not. I partly blame CBG for that since he would allow it to happen and not sit him.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
You think that was due to his coaching or exceptional guard play whom even Hewitt couldn't screw up?

i agree with you. matter of fact one of the dumbest threads i have seen in awhile IMO is the thread at stinktalk re how close we were to a dynasty under phewitt. lmao

potential dynasty coaches dont get run out of town like phewitt was.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
as far as carter goes...... in my first post on the news i gave the opinion that all this was due to 2 things.

1. cbg told carter no more roaming the perimeter and shooting 3's. he would have to play closer to the basket to make up for the graduation of miller.
2. our new coach was that type of player meaning carter would be coached in how to play closer to the basket.

we shall see.....

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
You think that was due to his coaching or exceptional guard play whom even Hewitt couldn't screw up?

We could clog the site with teams with great guards playing together that don't make it to the title game. It is not that simple.
i agree with you. matter of fact one of the dumbest threads i have seen in awhile IMO is the thread at stinktalk re how close we were to a dynasty under phewitt. lmao

potential dynasty coaches dont get run out of town like phewitt was.

Hew-hate will never die I guess, but can we all just agree that we should just move on.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
This saga is over. Planck must have cut the check directly to beenfit his school.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
We could clog the site with teams with great guards playing together that don't make it to the title game. It is not that simple.

Hew-hate will never die I guess, but can we all just agree that we should just move on.

I respectfully disagree to a point. I should have said great guard play AND getting hot at the right time. As far as Hewitt hate. I agree. Let it go. We have new fish in the pan.........

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
C'mon guys lighten up. Maryland under Mark Turgeon has been a bastion of excellence. Those 6-7 transfers out just couldn't hack it in his high-level, highly competitive brand of ball.

Maryland will join the B1G and will immediately vault to the upper echelon of that league and ultimately of college basketball as a whole. After sitting out a year, Carter will take his place as one of the most sought-after NBA prospects to come out of Maryland since the days of Obinna Ekezie and Lonny Baxter. Move over LaRon Profit.

Let's all take a moment to wish the young man and his AAU coach well on their journeys. The next time you see Mr. Jordan in traffic kindly rev the gas and thank him for his assistance in this delicate matter. (y)