Robert Carter to transfer

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
What a joke? Is Jordan aware that his client will be meeting with a staff that won't likely be in place by the time he's eligible?

Any mention of South Carolina as a possibility and transferring due to "wanting to win" is an even bigger joke. Agree with @dtm1997 though, they're probably full now.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Eric, thanks for all the inside insight you provide. Looking forward to putting this behind us and moving forward.

Just really hope it isn't, as some suspect, something shady. Hate seeing that kind of thing happen to good kids, and I think RC is a good kid.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I agree with Midtown. At the end of the day, I do think Robert is a good kid. I'm fine with him transferring for his stated reasons. It is what it is. It's just unfortunate that his guidance is not on par with what he seeks.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
If it were me, I would listen to more than a couple of pitches. He should make an informed decision. I think it would be nice if he decided GT was actually a better place to play basketball, as well as complete his degree. That said, the "highest bidder" comment is crass. It implies something that I doubt is taking place.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The visit to Maryland was reported last week by the same group of people who kept reporting it today. News is so slow and he's a marquee transfer name. It's gotten tiresome quickly to be honest.

The highest bidder is the only bidder and that's Under Armour who want to see a talented kid steered to a school wearing their gear.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
So can we now all agree that Gregory is a bad coach and Hewitt was literally better? I've been saying that for a while and I got shelled for it. Gregory can't recruit at all in ATLANTA, and better yet in the freaking ACC! He's also a crap coach. We look like the effin bulls on offense except we don't play great defense and out rebound everyone like they do. Can his *** and start over.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
So can we now all agree that Gregory is a bad coach and Hewitt was literally better? I've been saying that for a while and I got shelled for it. Gregory can't recruit at all in ATLANTA, and better yet in the freaking ACC! He's also a crap coach. We look like the effin bulls on offense except we don't play great defense and out rebound everyone like they do. Can his *** and start over.

I dunno if I would say Hewitt is a better coach. He was a better recruiter. But that still isn't saying much. As for the rest. Yes, and yes.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
If it were me, I would listen to more than a couple of pitches. He should make an informed decision. I think it would be nice if he decided GT was actually a better place to play basketball, as well as complete his degree. That said, the "highest bidder" comment is crass. It implies something that I doubt is taking place.

That's exactly what is taking place, auburn doesn't put out NBA players other than Charles Barkley. Bruce pearl is a cheater just like calipari, you don't leave a lower end ACC school (in basketball) with great academics to play at a low end SEC school with average academics unless you're getting paid or receiving other benefits, it just makes no sense for the kids future if he wants a good degree or if he wants to play in the league.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
If Carter is letting his AAU coach make this decision, then maybe we are better off without him.

But, I think he is simply listening to what the coaches have to say about their program and how they see him fitting in. This is something his AAU coach can actually be very helpful analyzing with him. Then the is also the academics to consider. We may not be as aware of it, but the Auburn Engineering school is not too shabby. I had two of their grads working for me in Birmingham. And Carter has to be at least a little bit aware that he may not be drafted in the first round, no matter which year he comes out of college.