Robert Carter to transfer

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
@StayMelo Chuck has been fine. Will you probably get the better end of the trade, probably on the offensive end, yes, but I'm glad Chuck is here.

When Carter chose to move on, personally, I was livid and called for BG's firing that day. Also dropped the C when using initials to mention BG.

Congrats on a much better season this year and having a coach that was able to get things turned around. I think Carter will produce well for you. Not sure if he'll be a force in the post, but he'll produce a lot.

StayMelo

Georgia Tech Fan
@StayMelo Chuck has been fine. Will you probably get the better end of the trade, probably on the offensive end, yes, but I'm glad Chuck is here.

When Carter chose to move on, personally, I was livid and called for BG's firing that day. Also dropped the C when using initials to mention BG.

Congrats on a much better season this year and having a coach that was able to get things turned around. I think Carter will produce well for you. Not sure if he'll be a force in the post, but he'll produce a lot.

Well... Anything we get from Carter will be better than now. Its actually amazing how we are ranked in the top 10 without a legit big guy. I don't know if Carter will be allowed to jack 3's but I'd imagine he sees the lack of talent and size in the post and knows where the priority lies.. He might not even have to play the 5 if Diamond Stone commits..

Chuck was always out of shape but I liked him and his personality.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
@StayMelo - On defense, I think Carter will provide some pretty solid post play. He rebounds pretty well and has good length to get blocks here and there, but on offense, I'd set expectations for a 60/40 split post/wing, at best. Every indication is that his desire to develop his offensive game further away from the basket was a big factor in his departure.

Regardless, last pics I saw of Carter looked like he's continued the progress of getting his body to be pro ready, which bodes well for you.

As far as Stone goes, Jerry Meyer tweeted yesterday that him qualifying might be a little iffy at this time. Something you may want to look in to.

Agree about Chuck's personality. Seems like a great kid.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Interesting article. I actually pull for the kid. For the NBA he has physical limitations but he should make really good money in Europe or even Asia.

His comment is not very complimentary for CBG's regime. that he cared more than anyone else. Expect there is a little sour grapes in there for sure but it ain't good to have an ex player say he cared more than the rest of the program.