RIP John McCain

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
John McCain was a great American to me. I often agreed with him and often disagreed with him.

I never doubted his devotion to country or that he was trying to be honorable.

His book, "Character is Destiny", is what inspired my son to become a Marine Corps officer. I am forever grateful.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
What the hell is wrong with our president? I get it...he doesn't like McCain; but sheesh, the guy honorably served our country for 50+ years while Trump sat home with "bone spurs". Can't we show a modicum of respect? :mad::mad:
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/w...-to-full-staff-after-mccains-death-2018-08-27
You realize that they followed standard protocol.

The order has to come from POTUS, which he did Monday afternoon, for the flag to be at half mast/staff beyond the day of death and the next day, in this case Saturday and Sunday.

Could Trump have done better? You bet. But the White House opperated correctly under SOP.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Not sure if this is supposed to be a question but US Constitution along with laws derived from it plus treaties constitute the supreme law of the land according to the Supremacy Clause (Art VI, Clause 2)
Was just rhetorical...

People forget that all that you mentioned are supposed to be followed for a reason. But that's for everyone else...

Truly sad what so many have become when it comes to following lawful protocol. Snowflakes and the ilk continue to suck the strength and greatness out of the U. S.A.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
John McCain was a great American to me. I often agreed with him and often disagreed with him.

I never doubted his devotion to country or that he was trying to be honorable.

His book, "Character is Destiny", is what inspired my son to become a Marine Corps officer. I am forever grateful.

Agree with his devotion to country first then maybe Party second.

Deleted member 2897

Was just rhetorical...

People forget that all that you mentioned are supposed to be followed for a reason. But that's for everyone else...

Truly sad what so many have become when it comes to following lawful protocol. Snowflakes and the ilk continue to suck the strength and greatness out of the U. S.A.

A lot of people spend all day looking under every rock and between every word for something to be outraged about. Sad existence.