Rider Game Thread

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Looks to me like we are a decent MAAC team. Not sure we'd win that league, but we'd be competitive.

Now, in the ACC it's hard to see us winning more than 2 or 3 games.

Is that what you expected Peacone?

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Eh...let's let it play out. We're headed towards a special season in football, and let's not forget the FB team didn't look like world beaters against Wofford, Tulane, and GSU...but now here we are sitting at 9-2 and a week away from playing for the ACC Championship.

There are some nice pieces on the chessboard for CBG to play with, it's just a matter of him finding how to utilize each piece to maximize their talent against other teams. This team could potential win ten games...or they could win 20. With some new faces at some key spots, and some first time starters, we're no where near a finished product. It's a process. If by 15 games into the season we're still horrible defending some guy who only averages 8 points and lights us up for 37, then okay, our record will reflect who we are. Still too early to freak out. This is coming from a guy who's usually has a glass half empty outlook.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'll commend them on a win and then I want them to go out and show me they can do it again. Next 4 games before Dayton are all winnable. Get that chip on your shoulders and go do it.

Was glad to hear BG saying that we didn't play well in the post game. We played some nice spurts defensively, and Travis was able to get some things going at the start of the second half, but otherwise, I didn't see us execute consistently enough.

Rhode Island is a good team and if we don't come to play, we will take an L. I just want these guys to show us a good game from the opening bell til the finish. That includes playing a full game defensively and most importantly, knocking down open looks. I think we're generating good looks, but nobody is making them...even at the rim.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
Basically ,this team can not shoot outside 12 ft effectively--- and sometimes not then.All the good passing in the world (which we don't have) still will do little good if guys can't shoot.
Greg OR SOMEBODY had better go recruit a couple of gunners.Throwing the ball upnear the rim and going to rebound it only works with class b schools-see Ala AM,Rider,etc