Rider Game Thread

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I can't believe I'm starting a Rider game thread, but I am.

Team needs to regroup fast, get their a** in gear, and win this game. Win it big.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
GT will win. Some people will commend them for the recovery and talk about how good we look, and be completely surprised when we get waxed again.

If we lose to NW, i dunno what im going to do. But it wont be good.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
GT will win. Some people will commend them for the recovery and talk about how good we look, and be completely surprised when we get waxed again.

If we lose to NW, i dunno what im going to do. But it wont be good.
I'll commend them on a win and then I want them to go out and show me they can do it again. Next 4 games before Dayton are all winnable. Get that chip on your shoulders and go do it.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
It will take HUGE (not significant, but HUGE) improvement in their play over last night's performance to win the next 4 in a row.

At this stage, i am just going to wait until next year. I don't think there is much else to do this year but perhaps watch Tadric grow as a player.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Umm, can I say out loud the other change that might occur before next season's tip off?

@MWBATL as long as you don't bash players, coaches, or forum members, you've got more freedom on this board to be factually critical. I'd like to see BG succeed, but was pretty vocal about his removal when he got blindsided on Robert Carter.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
@MWBATL as long as you don't bash players, coaches, or forum members, you've got more freedom on this board to be factually critical. I'd like to see BG succeed, but was pretty vocal about his removal when he got blindsided on Robert Carter.

Yes, that was pretty bad as well for the program.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Still. Given the current state or both recruiting and development this is going to take a while. BBC was such a huge loss

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'd really like to see a blowout. Duke or Kentucky or Louisville wouldn't not hang 40 on them if possible, why should we ease up?

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'll always take a win over any opponent. Sets us up for a game against a possible tourney team in URI. Still need to play with more energy earlier in the game, especially on defense. Also, need to keep penetrating the zone and take more interior shots.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Better effort defensively tonight and we owned the boards, but we haven't been able to throw it in the ocean the last couple of nights. This would have been a double digit win if we had shot a higher % from the field. 2-15 (13.3%) from 3 ain't gonna cut it. Until we find someone to consistently make the deep ball, we are gonna struggle against the zone.

Couple of other observations:

- terrible first half for Travis, but much better in second. Got into the lane and created a lot of good looks.
- Chuck was a mad man on the boards. Woulda had a bigger game if our guards could loosen up the zone.
- still no killer instinct. I wanna see these guys come out and play with reckless abandon from the start.
- Tadric needs to play more.