Rest of the 2017 Season

GTFLETCH

Banned
We could easily be 5-0 and likely ranked at #10. But is this team really one of the 10 best teams in the country? I don’t know the answer to that question, and I suppose it’s irrelevant right now. Here’s how I see the rest of the games playing out.

Wake – W
Clemson – L
@ Virginia – W
Virginia Tech – W or L (Could go either way)
@ Duke – W
Georgia – L

That leaves us at 7-4 or 6-5 (6-2 or 5-3). Is the 6-2 or 5-3 conference record going to get us in the ACCCG? Miami would need to lose 3 or 4 conference games for that to happen. Pinstripe Bowl here we come!

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
We could easily be 5-0 and likely ranked at #10. But is this team really one of the 10 best teams in the country? I don’t know the answer to that question, and I suppose it’s irrelevant right now. Here’s how I see the rest of the games playing out.

Wake – W
Clemson – L
@ Virginia – W
@ Duke – W
Georgia – L

That leaves us at 7-4 or 6-5 (6-2 or 5-3). Is the 6-2 or 5-3 conference record going to get us in the ACCCG? Miami would need to lose 3 or 4 conference games for that to happen. Pinstripe Bowl here we come!

Yeah I'm right there with you. It's tough to drop two games like the ones we've lost and end up with a solid record. Beating Georgia is looking like a tall order at this point. But you never know...rivalry game, we always play them close, etc.

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
I wouldn’t count the UVA game as a W.

This season feels so much like 2012. Brutal Labor Day night loss, brutal loss to the Canes.

I think having Wake at night is a huge help. A noon game could easily have turned into Middle Tennessee again. I just wonder how many kicks in the nuts one team can take.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I wouldn’t count the UVA game as a W.

This season feels so much like 2012. Brutal Labor Day night loss, brutal loss to the Canes.

I think having Wake at night is a huge help. A noon game could easily have turned into Middle Tennessee again. I just wonder how many kicks in the nuts one team can take.
Well there’s only two nuts in a sack so…

Jacketman1

Ramblin' Wreck
I am an optimist, but I'm confident we can win every single game we have left. Wake, UVA, and Duke I think will all be 2 score wins. They have all shown flashes, especially UVA, but so have we. Night game vs Wake is a perfect game to get our confidence back up and get us rolling.
Also, I think we beat Virginia Tech. Home game, hopefully we will be ranked by then, and I just don't think they're that awesome. I thought we were either going to beat Miami or VT, and I still think that.

Now, @Clemson, and vs Ugag.

@Clemson will be a tough task, especially because of their defense, but watching them against Cuse has given me more confidence. With their QB out, I think it will be another close game, but we pull it out.

vs Ugag is the game that I have the least amount of confidence in. They look extremely good(although they haven't really played anyone besides ND) and I don't have to remind you that we haven't beaten them at home since 1999. But whenever I start to worry, I think of the pure joy I would feel if we beat them this year and rush the field.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
We are due for some breaks to go our way. Keep playing and see where it all shakes out. We are 4 points away from being undefeated, it isn't like we have gotten blown out.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer

Wake – W
Clemson – L
@ Virginia – W
@ Duke – W
Georgia – L

No this team is not one of the top 10 teams in the country. Top ten teams do not have special teams issues like we have and are much more likely to have a shut down defense at least some of the time. To me, the difference between the elite teams and the rest of the crowd is defense. Talent parity is more pronounced on the offensive side of the ball (I know, Florida but the Gators have been dysfunctional for quite a while) Most teams can move the ball one way or the other but the really good teams can get stops when they have to have them and are consistent on special teams. We can be like that but recruiting must get better.