Remaining SOS #1 in college football

Minawreck

Ramblin' Wreck
Pretty cool... Favored to go 10-2, although I don't trust ESPN metrics very much. Should be a helluva ride the rest of the way. Just really hope we can beat ND. A loss would crush the hype train I've built up in my mind.

ESPN metrics UNDER-estimate us because they're (IMO) decently biased towards ESPN recruiting rankings.

Go4Tech

Jolly Good Fellow
Somewhat confused. The brain trust at ESPN says there is 32.4% Tech beats ND and a 78.3% chance to beat UVA. If one is not mistaken, UVA gave ND fits when they were a large underdog......

Sometimes one just has to believe that the shock and sell stories of "news" is more important then reporting facts.

THWG!

Legal Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Somewhat confused. The brain trust at ESPN says there is 32.4% Tech beats ND and a 78.3% chance to beat UVA. If one is not mistaken, UVA gave ND fits when they were a large underdog......

Sometimes one just has to believe that the shock and sell stories of "news" is more important then reporting facts.

THWG!

A lot of that is an "any given saturday" mentality and the other part of that is home/away.

The first thought is that Virginia played as good as they could on Saturday, while Notre Dame didn't. If you played that game ten times, my guess is Notre Dame would win at least 7-8 of them. So we basically got the 20-30% rare outcome. Football teams, especially college, have massive ups and downs. I think you saw Notre Dame play down, while uva played up.

Who knows which team will be up or down come saturday - but the point is they expect ND to play better the rest of the season, while they expect uva to play worse.

Second part, ND was @ uva. We are @ ND. And I think (not sure) UVA is @ BDS. So those are some point swings right there.

Greenjackets

Georgia Tech Fan
Interesting - but if I am reading it right and if I look at UGA, they have a 60.6% chance of beating Alabama, doubtful (I hope) that will happen.

Legal Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Interesting - but if I am reading it right and if I look at UGA, they have a 60.6% chance of beating Alabama, doubtful (I hope) that will happen.

It's at uga, but the other thing is these ratings will change pretty dramatically in the next few weeks, particularly for teams (like us and uga) who haven't played anyone yet.

TheGridironGeek

Jolly Good Fellow

THWG!

(From College Football Scoreboard on Saturday night)

"Bowling Green has just beaten Maryland 42-24. That's bad news for the ACC."

^All you need to know about ESPN's ACC expertise.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
(From College Football Scoreboard on Saturday night)

"Bowling Green has just beaten Maryland 42-24. That's bad news for the ACC."

^All you need to know about ESPN's ACC expertise.
Tried to find Joe Passortori's email, but no way to contact him. Wanted to tell him that the Germans had surrendered and Nixon had resigned.