Reggie Ball interview airing tonight.

TechPhi97

Ramblin' Wreck
The most shame I've ever felt to be a GT fan was 2008, CPJ's first year. It was a home game, and Reggie was at the game in crutches...I believe from an NFL injury (people forget he spent a year with Lions as a WR).

As he was coming down the stairs, a fan in my section yelled "Reggie Ball! You suck!". Most of us asked that young man why he would do that, and his reply was "Because it's true. Reggie Ball is trash!". The "GT fan" was probably in his early twenties, but definitely old enough to know better. I would have kicked that kid out of BDS that day if I could...absolute shameful moment for a supposed GT fan.
It's sad that people think it's OK to do stuff like that. Reggie had his ups and downs like 99.9% of players, but on balance he did a great job. He also played with and through injuries and never complained about it or used it as an excuse, which to me is very commendable.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
The most shame I've ever felt to be a GT fan was 2008, CPJ's first year. It was a home game, and Reggie was at the game in crutches...I believe from an NFL injury (people forget he spent a year with Lions as a WR).

As he was coming down the stairs, a fan in my section yelled "Reggie Ball! You suck!". Most of us asked that young man why he would do that, and his reply was "Because it's true. Reggie Ball is trash!". The "GT fan" was probably in his early twenties, but definitely old enough to know better. I would have kicked that kid out of BDS that day if I could...absolute shameful moment for a supposed GT fan.

Yea, we had some guys that sat behind us back in those years and they were always ruthless towards him.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Thanks for posting, this is a great story. I really liked his mom saying, "I thought it would be cool for Carter to emulate Reggie's athletic ability, but after what he's done I would want Carter to emulate the type of man he is." That's the highest compliment you can get, IMHO.
This makes the tears flow every time I watch it. Reggie was clued in after all. How about that Tech fans?