Recruiting Expenses

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Been the case for a while. GT is among the top spenders when it comes to recruiting not just in the ACC, but for all conferences. Lots of people on here like to cry that we don't have the resources of the factory schools, and in some regards we don't (like size of staff), but GT is one of the "richer" schools in the P5 conferences in terms of resources. All you need to do is look at our facilities to see that.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Been the case for a while. GT is among the top spenders when it comes to recruiting not just in the ACC, but for all conferences. Lots of people on here like to cry that we don't have the resources of the factory schools, and in some regards we don't (like size of staff), but GT is one of the "richer" schools in the P5 conferences in terms of resources. All you need to do is look at our facilities to see that.
Ehh, not so sure I'm buying that. I read a breakdown a while ago on program expenditures and we were in the middle of the pack. I'll see if I can dig it up.

That said, I'm glad we're ponying up on the recruiting front, we need to. We need to cast a larger and denser net than most schools and that takes a boat load of cash.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Not sure about the rest of facilities, but I'm told the visitors locker room is abysmal, "an embarrassment". Haven't been a visitor so I don't know.

IEEEWreck

Ramblin' Wreck
Not sure about the rest of facilities, but I'm told the visitors locker room is abysmal, "an embarrassment". Haven't been a visitor so I don't know.
It has live nests of yellow jackets in every fifth locker?

Seriously though, I'm kind of curious. What makes for a decent college level locker room?

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I think you mistake revenue and resources as mutually exclusive.
I agree that our facilities have been upgraded very nicely recently, but it takes cash to fund those recruiting trips all over the globe and man power to make them. If we had Texas' liquid resources and Bama's staff size (which takes $$), it'd be much easier to visit prospects and we wouldn't have to pick and choose as much.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
shouldn't the visitor's locker room be abysmal?
Makes no never mind to me as I wouldn't use either one. But seems odd to talk about classy operations and have that kind of space for visitors. (If in fact it is a bad dressing room, and the fellow who told me had been in there.) It's just up to GT for its image.