Recruiting at GT

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
I was discussing this topic with @CuseJacket in another thread, and maybe it deserves it's own conversation.
I think CGC and his staff have done a pretty decent job in the recruiting department. I'm not just basing this off of the class rankings, but the multiple 4 star recruits in one class and the 4 star DT recruits in this year's cycle (which I personally found near impossible here).
With that said, I think it helps some to have a decent AD (I know many are upset with TStan right now, but I still think he's the right man for the job). Having TStan come in was already effecting recruiting in a positive way, as the 2017 class was pretty decent as well.

Back to Collins, I think we can all agree he is really pushing the marketing to attract talent and has been successful by Tech standards. The key point in our discussion was if the lack of resources here requires too much time to recruit at a high level. So much time in fact, to the point where it takes a coach's focus and attention away from preparing the players to play. This resulting in an increased talent level at the expensive of on field performance. I really haven't made my mind up on this yet. I was also think about when the current Penn State coach was at Vandy. He increased the recruiting there and improved on field performance, so I'm not sure. I'd be interested in some thoughts on this.