Rate the Ted Roof hire

ramblinvak

Ramblin' Wreck
If we can field a top 50 D this year, I will call it a great hire. I do believe we have the talent and attitude to accomplish that. If we are in the same range as CAG or only marginally better, then I will call it an average hire and we will have to wait a little longer to assess the hire. All these changes are truly making me excited for this season more so than seasons past; that's for sure!,

jchens_GT

Ramblin' Wreck
I like his philosophies/principles for the defense (play fast, emphasis on tackling and taking good angles, do not overcomplicate the scheme, etc.), but I'm with ATL1. I want to see how they perform in some games first. FWIW, I "feel" much better about this hire than I did when his predecessor was hired.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
I'm with jchens_GT, I feel better about this hire than Groh. I think Roofs scheme you will get quick results emphasizing the basics. You knew with Groh it was gonna be a long process of getting the right personnel and teaching complicated schemes b4 they could play second nature to the system and actually get pumped up. Ill take great effort over a great scheme anyday.

SkyBuzz

Georgia Tech Fan
Ted is the Man!

I think Ted is a great hire for us. First, he gives us a good chance for a quick turnaround as he has done at previous locations. Second, being a Tech Man and local to Atlanta, he gives us the opportunity for long term stability and continued improvement. In our current situation, we could not have done better IMHO!
icon_cheers.png

SkyBuzz

techman78

Jolly Good Fellow
At first I wasn't very happy with the hire but the more I have thought about it and heard interviews and players speak so highly I am satisfied. Just hope we show it on the field.