Ranking of our wins....

gtbb

Georgia Tech Fan
For me:

1) UNC - This was the game where I began to believe that we could salvadge this season for a bowl trip. And coming from behind with an unstoppable running game made it even sweeter.
2) Miami - A historic miracle that will never be forgotten. And it wasn't just Mario's non-victory-formation nonsense. We had to make plays in order to take advantage of his historic mistake.
3) UCF - Good defensive showing after we fell behind early.
4) Syracuse - Had to have it. Survive and advance in a game where we almost let them come back on us.
5) UVA - Nice to dominate them in their stadium for the first time in a long time. Road wins against UVA are hard to come by. The fact that we dominated makes it sweeter.
6) Wake - Good gutsy win on the road.
7) SC State - A win is a win. And after 3+ years of Coach Clown, I take nothing for granted.

gtbb

Georgia Tech Fan
Miami was my favorite by far. Having that idiot shoot himself in the foot with epic stupidity coaching but then having us execute what most teams would not be able to do.

Truly Epic!
It will be the most remembered. For some reason, I got more satisfaction with the UNC win, because it seemed like we turned a corner on offense in that game.

Thwg777

Jolly Good Fellow
I’d put our win in Charlottesville up there. The hoos weren’t our strongest opponent but that was our largest margin of victory ever in that stadium. After the lows established by the all mighty Geoff Collins (I think this is how the mods want us to address him), it was nice to establish a new high under Key.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Miami was my favorite by far. Having that idiot shoot himself in the foot with epic stupidity coaching but then having us execute what most teams would not be able to do.

Truly Epic!
Sometimes I think people don’t realize that had Tech not executed that miracle drive no sports show would have spent 2 seconds on the Miami coaching mistake. It was Tech sticking the dagger in that suddenly made that a “huge coaching blunder.” Otherwise it would have been laughed off and quickly forgotten.

gtbb

Georgia Tech Fan
I would rank the Wake game a little higher on the list. At the time, Wake looked like one of the strongest teams in the ACC and Tech had yet to show they could play a complete game. The Wake win was the first time I thought we might pull off a winning season.
Yeah, at the time, it surprised me somewhat. Wins have been so hard to come by since 2019, almost every win on the list in 2023 is special. We were win-starved for so long.

I ultimately ranked the Wake game lower than most of the others for various reasons. The fact that we followed it up with a loss to Bowling Green probably had something to do with moving it down. I didn't start to truly buy in until the UNC game.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
In the preseason we were rated nesr the bottom of acc.

My top game was Louisville.

The second half of Lousiville was disastrous.

In that game we actually showed we had a helluva offense against a good team

But we lost.

Key didn't point to stats and effort. He just focused on The unacceptability of GETTING BEAT in second half.

Day one the new tone was set