Ranked #1

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
The SEC's highest ranking school is UF at #22. The ACC has 4 schools higher and Miami and Vandy are probably higher, but they're private. Just as I thought, Clemson, FSU, VT and NC State are down among the SEC filth. Louisville is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down at #83, how f'd up is that? Well I guess we didn't take those dudes for their academic compatibility.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
From total list= Stanford 1475; ND 1460; duke 1455; Gt 1385.

Does this show that A wider selection of courses does not necessarily reduce academics prestige? I just want some very technical high academic sports related courses of study.

We need to throttle ND and duke next year!

Animal02

Banned

Does this show that A wider selection of courses does not necessarily reduce academics prestige? I just want some very technical high academic sports related courses of study.

I have no problem with adding degrees related to Tech's mission that would be more attractive to athletes.......just don't want to see it turned into a full blown liberal arts school with dance majors etc. ;)

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I have no problem with adding degrees related to Tech's mission that would be more attractive to athletes.......just don't want to see it turned into a full blown liberal arts school with dance majors etc. ;)

When we went to Tech, wouldn't it have been nice to have a bunch of dance majors hanging around?

DTGT

Ramblin' Wreck

What was the breakdown based on Math/English scores? I'd bet our Math half is just as high, if not higher.

thwgjacket

Harvard's largest division is arts and sciences. They offer a liberal arts masters degree, whatever that is. Tech just needs one or two liberal arts majors. It wouldn't hurt the reputation at all.