Rank '17 opponents

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Inspired by posts in another thread. Pretty good schedule next year starting off with Tenn. What games / teams are most important to you? My list follows, ranked most to least important to me.

1. UGA (mostly due to hate)
2. Miami (again for hate)
3. Clemson (defending natty champs and long term rival)
4. VT (most important division rival)
5. Tenn (close to a tie with VT, historic rival and early game will be very hyped)
6. UNC
7. Duke
8. Pitt
9. UVA
10. Wake
11. UCF
12. Jack St. (a L here would be very embarrassing but if it happens we got bigger problems than a single upset)

How do you rank our opponents next year with regards to who you most want to beat?

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
1-10. uGA
11. Tennessee
12. Miami
13. UNC
14. Clemson
15. VT
16. Jax St. (embarrassment factor)
17. UVA
18. Duke
19. UCF (embarrassment factor)
20. Wake (embarrassment factor)
21. Pitt

So...Pitt is the single respectable loss I'll permit. :)

Jacket4Life9

Jolly Good Fellow
Couldn't decide 1-12 so i placed them into tiers.
Tier 1: UGA (every year)
Tier 2: Clemson (was at the game last year... never seen us demolished the way we were that night-worst 26-7 loss i've ever seen lol. Nat'l champs. They destroyed us in '15 also)
Tier 3: Miami, Virginia Tech, Tennessee
Tier 4: UNC, Duke, Pitt
Tier 5: Wake, Virginia
Tier 6: Jax State, UCF

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
@Milwaukee
It's primarily due to growing up around 5 million mutt fans, in the early 80s. The fact that they have owned us by and large since then makes living among them near unbearable by and large.

Secondarily due to recruiting. In state recruiting is the most important for every program. Mutts have a huge advantage over us due to mostly dominating us the past 30 years. It would probably take 6-8 straight wins against them to change this dynamic appreciably.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
Clemson
VT
Mia
UGA
UNC
Duke
Tenn

In that order.

It's always baffled me why so many Tech fans would rather go 1-10 with a win over UGA than 10-1 with a loss to UGA. ***** envy or something.
They act like the ACC and GT is a joke even when we beat them and the ACC dominated the SEC, and automatically go to how they have all these top recruits and how they are gonna win a national championship in the next 2-3 years.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
First game and last game are by nature important. Since they are both SEC teams and one is our rival, they go to the top tier. At Tax slayer I had a blast yelling ACC. If we beat uga that will be 4 of 5 so top game is uga (we lost to them all 4 years will I was at gt, so I have a grudge. ) I think it is realistic have a very good a shot at winning one of these.

Next tier is the clemson, vt, Miami, unc group of schools w sec academics and a strong football tradition (vt is slightly better academics wise and unc not such a strong football tradition). If the Clemson DC leaves this year for KSU (where he was a stud and the head coach is possibly retiring), we have at least a chance of winning. In any case we need to be happy if we play them in a competitive manner. A victory would make the season a sucess. We should win 2 of the rest.
Next tier is Pitt. They are an unknown who seems to want play smash mouth on o and d. A victory here would say a helluva lot about our program.
Tier = Rest of coastal = not strong and a loss or losses here will say a lot about our program the other way

The the final tier =-The keep coaches employed teams are a sure victory.

As Jerry said at Tech u never know
IMO coach has been call great plays and the defense seems to be coming on, so I feel we are going to win the games we should and play the rest tight. Be positive unless we have off season attrition.
As Jerry says
GO JACKETS

Treb1982

Jolly Good Fellow
1. Clemson (we get screwed with crossover game compared to VT, UNC, and Pitt)
2. UGA (for reasons mentioned above)
3-7 Pitt, Miami, VT, and UNC (any order but we must win these games)
8.Duke (division game)
9. Tennessee (game means nothing but it is always nice to beat the SEC)
10. Wake (conference game)
11. UCF
12. Jacksonville State

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
Couldn't decide 1-12 so i placed them into tiers.
Tier 1: UGA (every year)
Tier 2: Clemson (was at the game last year... never seen us demolished the way we were that night-worst 26-7 loss i've ever seen lol. Nat'l champs. They destroyed us in '15 also)
Tier 3: Miami, Virginia Tech, Tennessee
Tier 4: UNC, Duke, Pitt
Tier 5: Wake, Virginia
Tier 6: Jax State, UCF

Pretty much spot on. Get a split on UGA and Clemson and you have done a good job. Even before the Tigers won their second national championship beating Clemson has always been a big deal for us (and truth be told for them too) No offense to Miami and Virginia Tech because the road to the Coastal title goes through them every year.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
Clemson
VT
Mia
UGA
UNC
Duke
Tenn

In that order.

It's always baffled me why so many Tech fans would rather go 1-10 with a win over UGA than 10-1 with a loss to UGA. ***** envy or something.

Well, you see its like this as my late father (class of 1950 Textile Engineering) once explained to me: "I wouldn't root for Georgia with one engine out on the team plane" Harsh but he had me and my sisters stand at attention when Ramblin Wreck was played much to my mother's embarrassment.

GTFLETCH

Banned
1. UGA (COFH)
2. Clemson (I-85 rival)
3. Tenn (A SEC team and a Chick fil Kickoff game)
4. VT (Battle of the Techs)
5. Miami
6. Pitt (we owe them)
7. UNC
8. Duke
9. UVA
10. Wake
11. UCF (I am excited to travel to Orlando)
12. Jack St.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Not anymore. The only time I let their fans get under my skin was the '05 game. I almost got in a fight with a dad/son UGA combo. Other than that, they don't really live inside my head like they do a lot of people.
If dwag fans lived inside my head (shudder), I'd have no choice but to shoot myself. Otherwise, once my employer found out, they would deem me mentally incompetent and fire me on the spot. I could not bear spending the rest of my life in charge of a fry-vat.

Philhutch80

Jolly Good Fellow
Yeah the pro-Dwag coverage by the media will drive you insane;)

680 nauseates me with their continual bloviation of CKS when he not done spit. 929 I have not listened to except for Falcons games. Living in Georgia and specifically working in Lawrenceville/ Suwanee I see it everywhere with all the UGA fans. What cracks me up is the majority of them are employees of people that have GT license plates or other SEC teams that ACTUALLY win NC's. The owner of the company my company is partnered with is a UF guy but most of his staff is dwags folks. Love reminding them who they work for and that they still are little brother to us. You do have to be selective though, those dwag fans are slightly sharper than a bag of wet rice and tend to bite your head off if you discredit it being 'their year...'

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
680 nauseates me with their continual bloviation of CKS when he not done spit. 929 I have not listened to except for Falcons games. Living in Georgia and specifically working in Lawrenceville/ Suwanee I see it everywhere with all the UGA fans. What cracks me up is the majority of them are employees of people that have GT license plates or other SEC teams that ACTUALLY win NC's. The owner of the company my company is partnered with is a UF guy but most of his staff is dwags folks. Love reminding them who they work for and that they still are little brother to us. You do have to be selective though, those dwag fans are slightly sharper than a bag of wet rice and tend to bite your head off if you discredit it being 'their year...'
I listen to the Falcons on 92.9 but I don't listen to any sports radio except for the GT games,the Falcons,the Braves and the Hawks.;) I would go insane if I listened to the media dropping on their knees for UGAG:vomit: