RamblinWreck.com article on spring practice

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
we had music during the Gailey yrs and few times during CPJ. What’s different is down time. During FG most of the team would be on the sideline watching. There is no such thing as down time any more. Every second of the 5 min periods, EVERY player is working something. It’s an organized Chinese fire drill. In past, your backups may not live reps of 7on7 and team all practice now they getting that and more. These are the more efficient practices I’ve ever witnessed

Honestly the practice concepts we are implementing now are much better for the amount of practice time we actually have. Since that has been deteriorating for years. This is definitely one of the things I applauded when collins was hired and talked about his practice style.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
Doesn't seem like we would have enough coaches . Oh my daughter talked to Anthony Barnes wife said he is doing fine. He is a math teacher at Cartersville and helps coaching there also.
Anthony always been a class act and favorite of mine. He let me wear his Acc Championship ring years ago when he saw me and my dad with Tech shirts on at CiCis in Cartersville. Think I was around 11 years old at the time, coolest thing ever for me back then.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
That is almost shameful. And I know I will piss off the GCG faithful. But that is a pretty lame excuse for performance.

The idea for getting all the reps you can out of practice is great. Having all the players engaged is great. But to blame teaching P5 players how to practice takes a year does not make sense to me. Having practiced and played football, the way you practice did not take a great deal of time to change.

Flame suit on...
Listen to the damn interviews. They wasted the early part of the spring teaching them the new way of playing. Did you is the part about having to retract the OL how to ge5 in a stance with their weight distributed correctly for example? We completely changed what was expected of every position group on offense and the techniques they used. His point is how far ahead they are at this stage, how much bigger they are and that players understand what they are doing and why. That sort of matters you know?

jacket_fan

Ramblin' Wreck
Listen to the damn interviews. They wasted the early part of the spring teaching them the new way of playing. Did you is the part about having to retract the OL how to ge5 in a stance with their weight distributed correctly for example? We completely changed what was expected of every position group on offense and the techniques they used. His point is how far ahead they are at this stage, how much bigger they are and that players understand what they are doing and why. That sort of matters you know?

I listened to the interviews and knew I would piss off the CGC faithful.

I appreciate they are ahead of where they were last year. As ibeeballin has pointed out, changing your position coach from one season to another makes a difference. My point being, players can do whatever the coaches ask of them. Going to a 3 point stance, (like they did in HS) for example. But making excuses for poor performance never did anything for me in my career and should not be acceptable today.