Ramblings from a Wreck on Clemson

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Clemson, how I miss the old Clemson. Clemson has definitely improved in how they play our offense over the past 6 years. They take on cut blocks well. The LBs read the offense well and flow in the correct direction of the play, option or counter option. Last year the LBs had very few missteps in the wrong direction. They are fast to the LOS on the edge and tend to meet our players behind the LOS.

I think their D and our O will hinge on the DT versus OGs. If we win this battle, the LB will have to stay home more. The middle is truly the key to the outside!

The next hinge is the passing game. We must be able to make them pay for 7 or 8 in the box with +55% completions.

Clemson likes to blitz the CB. They have started to learn to not be so obvious about when they are going to fire the CB. Random CB firing is hard to beat. We have burnt them when they fire the CB predictably.

I hope they are concerned about Waller and Smelter, keep no more than 7 in the box, OL wins their individual battles, and we are able to block on the edge effectively. The team has to be ready for the surprise CB blitz.

Don't get me wrong. The start of last years game was more about our bad play than their play. We came out a little dazzled by the lights and.... "hungover" is the word that comes to mind.

Our team can and will score. Expect the red zone to be similar to the VT game. JT will need to make those passes or let Byerly come in to see if he can pound it in.

Oh, I hope the Clemson from last Saturday comes to Bobby Dodd stadium and lays an egg on Grant field. But, I expect them to show up to play and I hope our men can WRECK them!!!!!

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Concerned but not panicking due to clemson playing 8 seniors on defense.
We are moving at a speed and with misdirection they have not seen.
Bought tickets a few weeks ago and will bring my binoculars to watch the Oline play their seniors.

Really think our OL backups - particularly SD and JE bring raw poer and a headhunter mentality that will suprise.
will get to see if burden is as agile and strong as he looks on field.
I think the ol makes a statement this week.

Biggest worry is seeing defensive backs blitzing and running down plays while experienced linebackers cover.

GT Man

Ramblin' Wreck
We will win by more than 7. CPJ has two things in his office this week: a picture of D-Rad with the eyes burned out, and a picture of Dabo Swinney hanging below the word "soon."
pjsoon-vi.gif