Radford U - Opening Weekend

Squints

Helluva Engineer
He will be fine in the MLB like the majority of our past pitchers that struggled with the coach pitch calling era.

Like who? Still early for some of the younger guys but the only one who's really carved out a spot for himself is Buck Farmer and he hasn't exactly lit the world on fire.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Like who? Still early for some of the younger guys but the only one who's really carved out a spot for himself is Buck Farmer and he hasn't exactly lit the world on fire.

Guess it's a matter of perspective on how our pitchers have done in the majors. I think pretty good but I haven't researched other schools.

And a lot of these pitchers didn't put up great numbers at GT. X did after a tough start.
1708113601426.png

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm sure Radford's pitching has something to do with it, but it looks like we have added some solid ballplayers this year. These transfers just look the part. A bunch of bearded scrappy players covered in dirt by the third inning. And Burress is as advertised with two no doubt homers. Six homers for the team through 7 innings. Was surprised to see Giesler start at third but that was probably to allow Cam Jones to start at first which looks like a good move. The freshman pitcher McKee looks promising as well.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
We're 1-0.

According to Wiley & Colin...
Every guy who started reached base at least 3 times & recorded at least 1 RBI. That's pretty impressive.
Rough start for Busse, but I was very encouraged by the pen, especially McKee and Brown. The offense was fantastic and still left a lot of runs out there. The defense was solid too and just had one really bad play that resulted in 2 errors.

Buzz_404

Jolly Good Fellow
Bullpen was dominant, bats were on fire as always. Lots of bright spots, although disappointing performance from Busse

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
Busse has looked awful since like mid season last year and still now. I don’t know if his arm was overthrown or something, but he went from unhittable to getting rocked every outing. Based on how McKee pitched I would guess he gets the next Friday start and Busse back to the bullpen.

Offense again looks tremendous with the transfers all looking like impact players.

Brown, McKee, Cade all looked good in relief.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Busse has looked awful since like mid season last year and still now. I don’t know if his arm was overthrown or something, but he went from unhittable to getting rocked every outing. Based on how McKee pitched I would guess he gets the next Friday start and Busse back to the bullpen.

Offense again looks tremendous with the transfers all looking like impact players.

Brown, McKee, Cade all looked good in relief.

Yup, mostly positive game.

4 of 5 pitchers were good and keepers. Offense was maniacal (Classic or GEICO caveman?). Defense had some really good plays.

56 games remaining in regular season. Just win tomorrow.