Quinlan and Wrecktalk verbally slap fighting

Richland County

Jolly Good Fellow
Comically anyways. KQ and Wrecktalk are hand fighting. The reason is Kelly flipping off a subscriber for a question he asked on the YouTube live show. Wreck took exception and called him out.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Wrek talk put some good film review of Louisville - thier ol keeps pocket clean and so far qb took first safe open receiver thats standing still.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I’m not a big kq fan at all, but this seemed pretty silly on wreck talks behalf.
Somebody got under KQ skin by asking why he wasn't a GT fan. KQ got really angry at the question and admitted covering GT is a job and he is not really a fan. He said he spent so much time away from his family covering sports and I felt that was the rub. He has a small child from what I could ascertain and is bothered he has to miss his kids extracurriculars during the seasons. Gave the guy a two handed bird on his show.
I think many of us sacrificed time for our chosen careers to provide for our families.

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
Somebody got under KQ skin by asking why he wasn't a GT fan. KQ got really angry at the question and admitted covering GT is a job and he is not really a fan. He said he spent so much time away from his family covering sports and I felt that was the rub. He has a small child from what I could ascertain and is bothered he has to miss his kids extracurriculars during the seasons. Gave the guy a two handed bird on his show.
I think many of us sacrificed time for our chosen careers to provide for our families.
Never cared for the guy.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
I watched the KQ Youtube video. I think the question was something like how can he miss any of the D2 type basketball games if he is covering GT. He basically said that covering GT is his job and that he wanted to be able to have some time with family. That lower level basketball games that not even season ticket holders attend is a good time to take off to be with family. I think the person that asked the question had a comment later that he didn't mean anything offensive and that he didn't realize the KQ wasn't covering GT because he is a fan.

I haven't watched any of Wrecktalk's videos, but I understand that he published DMs between him and Kelly. I also understand that the DMs are WT acting crazy and KQ being reasonable.

WT seems to me like an Uncle Lou wannabe. He is doing some analysis, but he is adding the WWE type hype acting content to try to drive up viewers. I do enjoy seeing fan type content at times, but fan type content is what drove the FSU fans to think they had an NFL QB, NFL OL, and NFL DL this year. Objective reporting is highly underrated these days.

Billygoat91

Jolly Good Fellow
I didn't think much of KQ's double bird on the video. That said, it is probably not the most professional look to interact with fans in that way in general. Tone/intent is difficult to interpret off the internet and I understand the way KQ took it. As someone who has a young family, that balance can be tough to manage. Both the fan who made the comment and KQ apologized to each other later in the video and that should have been the end of it. I think WT took the opportunity to stir the pot to increase his viewership like what RonJohn said.

Nerves seem to just be wearing thin in general in the sports media/podcast space. I thought that Bryce Koon has pushed back at fans too with some comments he/they have made. Josh Pate has seemed a little defensive at times recently too. Covering Tech sports has to be pretty merciless for several reasons. Not the least of which is having to interact with a bunch of intelligent, awkward, engineers. It even gets to my wife at times.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Before fsu when i had my fancy new tv turned on, it had many installed apps and one was youtube. I searched gt football and wrek talk was a search result. He was dogging the fsu folks because he said gt was going to give them a battle. He dissed fhem for false bravado and suing to leave acc.
During the game i briefly saw some of what he does ( dressed up and talking like a wwe wrestler) and it was funny. He is a wild total homer for gt. His weekly ratings of collins, fsu are funny when taken in short sips.
His film breakdown of louisville is good.

apatriot1776

Jolly Good Fellow
Objective reporting is highly underrated these days.
I'm not the biggest KQ fan either but that's the deal. You don't want your reporters to be fans of the team and blowing smoke up your butt.

There should a very clear definition between a reporter (KQ) and a fan making videos (WT) and unfortunately for GT fans, since we don't have many options the lines get blurred for a lot of our guys. Crowded Booth is the same way - he's an objective reporter and not a GT fan but, without being employed by an AJC or 247, he's seen and treated as a fan. KQ needs to be more reporter which means you can't react like this.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
I'm not the biggest KQ fan either but that's the deal. You don't want your reporters to be fans of the team and blowing smoke up your butt.

There should a very clear definition between a reporter (KQ) and a fan making videos (WT) and unfortunately for GT fans, since we don't have many options the lines get blurred for a lot of our guys. Crowded Booth is the same way - he's an objective reporter and not a GT fan but, without being employed by an AJC or 247, he's seen and treated as a fan. KQ needs to be more reporter which means you can't react like this.
The only objective GT reporters that I know about are KQ, Rod at 247, and Chad at the AJC. I think the Athletic had someone, but I understood they don't any more. Maybe I am wrong. Does anyone know of any others?

Ramble1885

proud sidewalk fan

an example of when fans are reporters is FSU. Their media should be ashamed of themselves for the amount of hype they generated on a team that's on track to MAYBE win three games.

MACHETE

Jolly Good Fellow
The only objective GT reporters that I know about are KQ, Rod at 247, and Chad at the AJC. I think the Athletic had someone, but I understood they don't any more. Maybe I am wrong. Does anyone know of any others?
Rod is underrated but his buddy, Jonathan, runs rough shod over him in on the Hive podcast.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Before fsu when i had my fancy new tv turned on, it had many installed apps and one was youtube. I searched gt football and wrek talk was a search result. He was dogging the fsu folks because he said gt was going to give them a battle. He dissed fhem for false bravado and suing to leave acc.
During the game i briefly saw some of what he does ( dressed up and talking like a wwe wrestler) and it was funny. He is a wild total homer for gt. His weekly ratings of collins, fsu are funny when taken in short sips.
His film breakdown of louisville is good.
I watch both of them on YouTube. WT does a lot more posting. Koon drags his show on too long but I like what he does say. I don't watch Koon as often. WT is trying to be entertaining and is a Tech grad. I think he said he majored in physics. He has a fair knowledge of FB and breaks down.some plays.
KQ doesn't do X's and O's but is closer to the program with media coverage access and has some inside information. He has been covering Tech a long time. He often compares current players to those from the past which I like to hear. Both are entertaining to me in their different formats. I suspect KQ regrets the double bird he gave a listener on his show. Flush it and move on.

apatriot1776

Jolly Good Fellow
Jackson Caudell (SI, Bleav) is generally objective. As I said I think Bryce Koon (Crowded Booth podcast) does a good job - he reports for 247 LSU for his day job. I’ve noticed Caudell is generally more optimistic and Koon more pessimistic.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I think they all should get real jobs.

And get off your lawn in the process too?

Live footage of s78 lookin at all them lousy beatniks...

Grumpy Old Man GIF by Giphy QA