Question

Tech First

Jolly Good Fellow
Do we have the personal at our level to go all out like the Redskins did against Dallas and succeed as they did. I know we are talking about a different level but they were very successful at what they did. Just a thought.

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
I think the Redskins looked at the game and concluded: we can't win straight up so let's bring the house and hope we can get to Romo before he gets to us. Its a high-risk strategy but it worked. Anything less and Dallas probably would have won.

I think our best bet is to have the ability to switch to an aggressive, bet the house type of attacking D available for cases when it looks like there just isn't any other way. One thing I did notice (correct me if wrong) is that Dallas didn't see it coming when it was called - had they known when the Skins were 'bringin' it', I'm assuming they would have audibled a run play to capitalize on the gamble the Skins took.

So basically, if you can randomly blitz (such that they don't see it coming) or if you know it will work (not allow the QB enough time to find a receiver) then heck to the yeah. Otherwise, with extreme caution since the price is steep if they sniff it out or block the extra heat.

We cannot, I believe, just bring it on every third and long. You have to play straight up on a few obvious blitzing situations lest you become predictable and become one with the toaster.

TomOReilly

Jolly Good Fellow
Gotsis, Freeman and PJ could be successful but the key is the disguise packaging the blitz. I would like to see that happen personally and adjust based on the effects.