Question and Answer

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
It's still really early. We already have two commitments. Kids just want to take time and make the right decision...some like the attention while some don't want to rush things.

I would say Bogan and Parrish are the closest to making a decision that I'm aware of. Commitments usually come unexpected.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
No, Parrish is not a GT lock at all. He favors GT slightly over FSU and UGA at this time. He won't drag the process out too long though. If GT wants to land him they need to get him on board soon.

Andrew Williams is wide open...he says he will name a top 10 in the next few weeks.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
As long as he decides before taking more visits then I would say GT has a great shot.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
He's taking his time and wants to visit Vandy and Ole Miss before he makes his decision. He's a good kid and doesn't want to be one that decommits. He's been to GT 6 times for visits.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
In your opinion, what positions on the team are the top priorities for 2013 recruiting? I mean where are we losing the most talent to graduation or other attrition at the end of the 2013 season? Please rank order the positions by greatest need.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
A follow up question, of the top priority positions, who are our primary targets (the top one or two) and what is your estimation of our probability of signing those targets?

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
1 DB - we are losing Jemea Thomas, Louis Young and Isaiah Johnson. Which means we are hurting bad at CB...we have Noble and White...maybe Golden too. We need CBs bad.

2 OL - Losing Beno, Jackson and Finch. Only signed two last year. Need at least three good lineman in this class.

3 DL - We lose Cummings and that leaves Gotsis, Gamble, Commissiong, Green and Kallon...at DE we lose Attaochu and Dieke. That leaves Williams, Stargel, Cheeks, Stargel, Chungong and Menocal. We need a good young DE.

4 QB - After not signing one from last year we need to bring in two this year.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
DB - Step Durham (70%)
OL - Not sure of anyone here that I would give a good projection on.
DL - Andrew Williams (20%) Keshun Freeman (45%)
QB - Malkolm Parrish (50%)

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
I know its early but do you know of any 2015 prospects GT is making connections with, like Sherrod Pittman?

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
To be honest I have not heard much on the 2015 class. The main 2015 guy I've heard about is Taj Griffin.

KevinSC

Georgia Tech Fan
What do think the issue is with the low interest by olineman? I thought we were in good shape with the kid from Mt. Pleasant, but now it seems GT as fallen on his list and no others seem to favor us.