Question about the Orange Bowl

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Well guess we will never settle this but to me big thing is the replay...most of the time once the flag is thrown....somebody done wrong.

GT18YJ

Georgia Tech Fan
All ways thought refs never gave a game to one side or the other..didnt care who we played as long as a ref was in position to make the call and did so then I had no beef.Now lost region title in 72 vs Aquinas with a call by a official way way out of position and overruling a line judge on a safety but most of the time if the guy makes a call on what he sees then no problem with me.I do however get intrigued by calls in a row on moition etc since it makes you wonder if you are set or not.Nope most of the time if you get a bad call it is POSSIBLE to make a great play on the next play but will admit it kills your team morale
Something similar happened to us in the 1970 state championship game against Lakeside. The referee 3 to 4 yards away signals touchdown while a ref running from the other side of the field across a
1 1/2 foot tall crown signals incomplete because the receivers feet were OB. I'm sure he was embarrassed the next day with the picture that was on the ajc sports front page.

By the way, Mack, my roommate at Tech was on that Aquinas team.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Something similar happened to us in the 1970 state championship game against Lakeside. The referee 3 to 4 yards away signals touchdown while a ref running from the other side of the field across a
1 1/2 foot tall crown signals incomplete because the receivers feet were OB. I'm sure he was embarrassed the next day with the picture that was on the ajc sports front page.

By the way, Mack, my roommate at Tech was on that Aquinas team.
Well we had the film and it was ...clear wegot robbed