Question about the Orange Bowl

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
It appears that our Refs will be from the BIG based on this "blurb" I found through a search:

"Referee, Daniel Capron (Big Ten) ... The 2014 Orange Bowl is a college football bowl game that will be played on ..."

First, can anyone confirm it will be a BIG set (I sure as heck don't want any SEC Refs)? Second, I think most people thought Michigan State (a BIG member) had this slot against us instead of Miss State, so if this is, indeed the case, I suspect we'll get a fair game.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Gosh almighty, conference refs do not do bowl games when a team from that conference is in the game.

Do some of you people even follow CFB?

We have been screwed a lot more, in proportion, by ACC refs than SEC or any other refs.

Do any of you have any idea how many SEC refs went to GT? Do some of ya'll not know that at least 2 GT guys were the head of SEC refs in the last 15 years?

Cripes Almighty.

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
Gosh almighty, conference refs do not do bowl games when a team from that conference is in the game.

We have been screwed a lot more, in proportion, by ACC refs than SEC or any other refs.

Do any of you have any idea how many SEC refs went to GT? Do some of ya'll not know that at least 2 GT guys were the head of SEC refs in the last 15 years?

Cripes Almighty.

Dang, man, I was making a joke about not wanting any SEC refs in our game - I know they won't be in the Bowl. Believe it or not, I've actually got a Tech Bowl ring...

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer

Cripes Almighty.
Mississippi State is not in the Big Ten. Ohio State is in the Big Ten and playing in the Sugar Bowl. While it is true that we have been short changed on occasion by ACC refs, I'll beg to differ on your assertion of better treatment by SEC refs.
Your last assertion is irrelevant as Tech. alumni are not allowed to call our games and the GT alums who led SEC officials still answered to someone higher in the conference office.

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
The ENTIRE purpose of the thread was 1) to see if anyone knew what Conference had been assigned to us to ref our game and 2) to try to throw a little "humor" into the message by insinuation that the SEC refs hadn't done us any favors in our game AT UGA, and that because the BIG thought Michigan State was originally coming to Miami instead (and would have gotten the BIG fiancial benefits for the Conference for the Major Bowl payout instead of the SEC), having a group of BIG refs handle the game certainly couldn't HURT our chances of having a fairly called game...

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
500px-Anchorman-well-that-escalated-quickly.jpg

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Regarding refs, i think the game has changed so much with the playoff system and the money involved in the premier bowls that it is pretty much impossible to expect impartial refs unless they are from a 3rd party conference. And its especially retarted to expect it from SEC refs because i believe that conference has sold their souls to win at all costs

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Mississippi State is not in the Big Ten. Ohio State is in the Big Ten and playing in the Sugar Bowl. While it is true that we have been short changed on occasion by ACC refs, I'll beg to differ on your assertion of better treatment by SEC refs.
Your last assertion is irrelevant as Tech. alumni are not allowed to call our games and the GT alums who led SEC officials still answered to someone higher in the conference office.

So, these GT men in charge of SEC refs were lacking in integrity?

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Regarding refs, i think the game has changed so much with the playoff system and the money involved in the premier bowls that it is pretty much impossible to expect impartial refs unless they are from a 3rd party conference. And its especially retarted to expect it from SEC refs because i believe that conference has sold their souls to win at all costs

The bowl refs are from a 3rd party conference, but you know that right?

Which GT men that are SEC refs do you think have sold their souls?

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
So, these GT men in charge of SEC refs were lacking in integrity?

I guess you've either never heard about how the SEC Ref's have gotten caught being told how to call games from upstairs, or conveniently forgotten about it; either way, here's a link that will "remind" anyone about what I'm referring to:

http://www.foxsports.com/college-fo...ennessee-sec-officiating-replay-review-102514

Basically, what this says is that in the SEC, Ref's are, basically, used as pawns to call games as the CONFERENCE says will meet THEIR needs. Which SEC team did they want to win? Call upstairs...SEC vs ACC team? Calls for the SEC team and against the ACC opponent.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
All ways thought refs never gave a game to one side or the other..didnt care who we played as long as a ref was in position to make the call and did so then I had no beef.Now lost region title in 72 vs Aquinas with a call by a official way way out of position and overruling a line judge on a safety but most of the time if the guy makes a call on what he sees then no problem with me.I do however get intrigued by calls in a row on moition etc since it makes you wonder if you are set or not.Nope most of the time if you get a bad call it is POSSIBLE to make a great play on the next play but will admit it kills your team morale

thwgjacket

I guess you've either never heard about how the SEC Ref's have gotten caught being told how to call games from upstairs, or conveniently forgotten about it; either way, here's a link that will "remind" anyone about what I'm referring to:

http://www.foxsports.com/college-fo...ennessee-sec-officiating-replay-review-102514

Basically, what this says is that in the SEC, Ref's are, basically, used as pawns to call games as the CONFERENCE says will meet THEIR needs. Which SEC team did they want to win? Call upstairs...SEC vs ACC team? Calls for the SEC team and against the ACC opponent.
Yea and Bush caused 9/11, the illuminati are real and lizard people run the world...lizard people. Lol

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
The bowl refs are from a 3rd party conference, but you know that right?

Which GT men that are SEC refs do you think have sold their souls?

I'm not talking about bowl game officiating, and i think the sec ref conspiracy is a relatively new thing. How many GT men are sec refs right now?

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
I'm not talking about bowl game officiating, and i think the sec ref conspiracy is a relatively new thing. How many GT men are sec refs right now?

You realize you are talking about someone refusing to do what their EMPLOYER TELLS THEM TO DO, right? Have you heard of insubordination, and right to terminate due to cause (yes, I DO have a Law Degree).

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Maybe i'm going Mel Gibson conspiracy crazy but the officiating in the ugag game this year seemed over the top, and all that about the sec officials documented being controlled via headset in some games has lead me to believe that they (the sec) is full on "win at all costs"

Minawreck

Ramblin' Wreck
you are being naive if you think conference affiliation has no effect on officiating. Why do you think the Bowl games go to neutral crews? What do you think started it? Is it just a reward for other conference's crews doing a good job?

Which conferences do you think pay their officials the most money, and do you think having more money available for a conference affects that pot? Do you think a conference being perceived as the best is a positive for conference prestige and money?