question about CBK

stech81

Helluva Engineer
What does what does Brent Key really do ? I know he is listed as Assistant Head Coach/Run Game Coordinator/ offensive line great title but what does he do ? During the off season last summer USC was trying to get him and he stayed saying he wanted more say so . Now who really picked him CGC or the AD , I would have thought it was CGC because he knew him. Just what does an Assistant Head coach do ? Can he not change the plays if he does think they will work ? Was he given this title and told he would be the next head coach. I'm really just looking for an answer I have no problem with him, Just want to know who is 2nd after CGC.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I suspect it was more of a title change to get him more money and keep him on the staff. He may have picked up a few more responsibilities.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I suspect it was more of a title change to get him more money and keep him on the staff. He may have picked up a few more responsibilities.
But as an assistant head coach would he not be able to change a play called by the OC if he didn't think it would work. And I understand 100% time is with the OL but if a running play is called and he knows better players A and B could open the hole better than Players C and D does he not have the right to change it.

Lotta Booze

Ramblin' Wreck
This board to CBK:

What Would You Say You Do Here Office Space GIF

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
How does this board feel about how Saban as HC (Key as his OL coach), Lane Kiffen as the OC, and (dare I ask) KSmart as his DC, fare with, say, just this roster alone? how many wins?

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
How does this board feel about how Saban as HC (Key as his OL coach), Lane Kiffen as the OC, and (dare I ask) KSmart as his DC, fare with, say, just this roster alone? how many wins?
They would struggle, but it would be run better and especially with Sa(t)an as HC, it would be a tight ship. I don't think it is a stretch to believe they could have won 6-7 with the personnel this year.

With that said, I really don't understand the point of this post, since we will never be able to afford that type of coaching lineup. Heck, we can't afford even one of those other guys. Lastly, Key, in my opinion, is not in the same area code with the others you name. I say this based on what I have seen since he got here as the OL guru. If he was wanted by Sa(t)an, he would still be there, because they can afford to pay assistants twice what we pay, easily.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
They would struggle, but it would be run better and especially with Sa(t)an as HC, it would be a tight ship. I don't think it is a stretch to believe they could have won 6-7 with the personnel this year.

With that said, I really don't understand the point of this post, since we will never be able to afford that type of coaching lineup. Heck, we can't afford even one of those other guys. Lastly, Key, in my opinion, is not in the same area code with the others you name. I say this based on what I have seen since he got here as the OL guru.
Come on don’t be coy. You understand the point of this post and you’ve probably participated in strongly related discussions to this post around here in the past year, at least.

Key acquired his chops with Saban and that’s why I included him.

I agree though that it might have been six wins, tops.

omnipotech

Banned
8-10. NIU, KSU, Clemson, UNC, Duke, UVA, VT, Miami, BC. Maybe Pitt and ND

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Kiffen would be scheming guys so wide open sims would look like an all star. I mean he's done that everywhere he has been. Joey Freshwater is the spread guru like johnson was the option and leach is the air raid currently.

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
You don’t want CBK having anything to do with or be close to the play calling. He absolutely failed at that while at UCF. The “AHC” title is just a name to get him more money. He might have a few responsibilities but nothing major outside of run game coordinator or O line coaching.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
You don’t want CBK having anything to do with or be close to the play calling. He absolutely failed at that while at UCF. The “AHC” title is just a name to get him more money. He might have a few responsibilities but nothing major outside of run game coordinator or O line coaching.

Is he even the run game cooardinator, it seems choice has more say on who is in there for what.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I don't know what happen at UFC , but CBK had the same title in 2014 and 2015 O'leary was the Head coach and resigned after 8 games our AD Todd Stansbury was also there as AD but 2015 was his last year at UFC and then was at Oregon State on 2016.

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
I don't know what happen at UFC , but CBK had the same title in 2014 and 2015 O'leary was the Head coach and resigned after 8 games our AD Todd Stansbury was also there as AD but 2015 was his last year at UFC and then was at Oregon State on 2016.
All I’ve heard is CBK doesn’t want to become a OC again and nobody wants him too since it’s best for both parties. His next step in his mind is HC.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
All I’ve heard is CBK doesn’t want to become a OC again and nobody wants him too since it’s best for both parties. His next step in his mind is HC.

Might solve our problem organically then there will be a lot of open coaching gigs after this season. hell Florida may be firing mullen.