Quaide update

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
We still don't know at this point. I don't think the coaches have even talked to him about it

Given the B-back situation with lack of depth and experience, I would imagine they will play this by ear. If Allen and Skov are looking good, I don't see a situation where it'd be beneficial to either party to burn a year of his eligibility. However, if October rolls around and we can't run the ball between the tackles, maybe he gets a shot when he returns.

I imagine it might work the way Leggett did last year, where he travels with the team once he returns just in case we need him.

ctweimer

Georgia Tech Fan
Given the B-back situation with lack of depth and experience, I would imagine they will play this by ear. If Allen and Skov are looking good, I don't see a situation where it'd be beneficial to either party to burn a year of his eligibility. However, if October rolls around and we can't run the ball between the tackles, maybe he gets a shot when he returns.

I imagine it might work the way Leggett did last year, where he travels with the team once he returns just in case we need him.
Yeah I'm sure they are just playing by ear. I'm not too worried about his playing time because I know he works harder than anyone on the team. Once he's healthy he will work his way up and continue to impress people

FatPat

Jolly Good Fellow
Redshirt - no reason at all to push it! As a family member you want him to storm in and be the best thing since D-wire, but, realistically, give it more time, get bigger-stronger- more familiar with the program then come out swinging in the spring. The psychology of injuries are as bad as the actual injuries.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Redshirt - no reason at all to push it! As a family member you want him to storm in and be the best thing since D-wire, but, realistically, give it more time, get bigger-stronger- more familiar with the program then come out swinging in the spring. The psychology of injuries are as bad as the actual injuries.
This is what worries me about Broderick.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Q has been saying that the trainers are expecting him to return about halfway through their preseason practices. I sent him the article and he has no idea where CPJ got October from

what he says to the media is to control his team and his players situation. He doesn't want to rush the player to think he has to get back in Aug cuz paul thinks so, he doesn't want the media to bug him about your bro, etc etc. Trust me. Paul isn't stupid....he is setting expectations etc and he also knows injuries are never as quick as we all hope. So he may be sandbagging a bit too....but paul knows how to control whats out there.