QB Spy

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I think film review will show that 32 pinned inside and huge hole towards defense end was because the short 300 right tackle overpowered de ( 42)..

I repeat we are too small to not bring heat 6 very frequently.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Say what? Teams usually put a LB or S as a spy. I always thought PJ "Taz" Davis would make an ideal spy. I'd like to see that next week on Watson.

Don't believe everything you hear. Very often DL is a spy. To most novice fan, it looks like stunt. This is something Joe Anoai and Vance Walker did a lot.

I wish I could do defensive videos like longestday does fir the offense.
I remember one play in particular where Terrell Lewis was the "hole" player whose job is to mirror the QB. Instead he bit on a crossing route and took himself out of the play which led to Williams run down to the 2

alagold

Helluva Engineer
the defense is not playing well enough to have 7 SENIORS--think what next yr will be like
I'm beginning to think ,the PJ's def will never be good--we sure haven't seen a good one using his own recruited players

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
the defense is not playing well enough to have 7 SENIORS--think what next yr will be like
I'm beginning to think ,the PJ's def will never be good--we sure haven't seen a good one using his own recruited players

A lot of those seniors are in the secondary where the talent is suspect minus DJ. Demons Smith has giving up big play after big play throughout his career. Got caught peeking on the trick play and wasn't in his run fit on option w/ Williams scoring

Ramblinwreck07

Jolly Good Fellow
Can't single out one player. Demond has had a fantastic season and played well all game yesterday except for one trick play.

The secondary has been solid. The front 6 has been mediocre minus Davis

The issue is the offense. Outside of Jeune, the offense has been miserable.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
We mustve been watching different games the past 3 games? Our secondary has been miss playing jump balls and shotty open field tackling has been there all season. I agree with the front 6 even Davis has been MIA. This is same UNC team that was beat by a terrible USC team. We had no business losing that game yesterday

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
We mustve been watching different games the past 3 games? Our secondary has been miss playing jump balls and shotty open field tackling has been there all season. I agree with the front 6 even Davis has been MIA. This is same UNC team that was beat by a terrible USC team. We had no business losing that game yesterday

Fwiw, they threw away their game vs SC, literally.

I admit that I was on the optimistic side on our O. But, if you would have told me that we were going to play UNC without 3 of the top 4 abacks from week 1, without both starting DTs from week 1 for 3qtrs, with a bangedup Rook Chungong, and without Milton for much of the game, I'm not sure how optimistic I would be.

No matter how plug and play our O can be at times, our D isn't there.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
A lot of those seniors are in the secondary where the talent is suspect minus DJ. Demons Smith has giving up big play after big play throughout his career. Got caught peeking on the trick play and wasn't in his run fit on option w/ Williams scoring

DBs suspect?--many thought this was the best pair of CBs in yrs, and one of fastest pair in country --I thought they were good not great esp White,who drops pick6 SAT
Golden is smart and has a knack for the int-but where are plays
Smith was only fair at rover and now his mistakes mean TDs
BUT--my point is -do you really expect us to be better exp maybe for Gray?
replace Gotsis? in our dreams ,maybe can replace JHD but unlikely, same for Marcordes
we papered over bad def with takeaways last yr, not happening now

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
I think a little of the defensive problems are with PJ's offensive scheme. I think it really does hurt the guys (to what extent I don't know) to never go up against starters that have a pro style, or pro style spread (like Alabama, Florida, UGA, FSU, Clemson, etc. in practice/camp. If we were a pro style offense they could play against the starters in camp and get some reps in preparation for teams that run similar offenses. I think similar issues occur with Gus Malzon's offense. Auburn hasn't had a good defense since he's been there.

The other problem is that Ted roof isn't a great coordinator. We shouldn't have canned Womack so quickly. I know Ted is a good recruiter and a tech man, but he doesn't have a history of good defenses. His best defense was at Penn state, but I attribute that to style of play, and more importantly Bill O'Brian.

But, the main issue is probably horses on the DL. We just don't have them, or the guys we have aren't being coached very well. Great defenses get pressure with 4 and we simply cannot do it.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
I think White is a really good player. Jamal usually plays really smart. I have always liked Milton as well.

Folks blame White for the drop, but he prevented a sure TD on that play. There were two receivers on his side because someone else was out of position. He jumped inside because he guessed (correctly) Williams was going to throw to the stacked receiver. Yes he dropped the pick, but that was a great instinctive play.