QB John Franklin is transferring from FSU

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Well he certainly isn't going to get to the NFL playing on the scout team. So I understand the transfer.

But as a rising sophomore, he only has four years left already I would think. And he'll lose another year unless he goes community college route wouldn't he?

Doubt he's interested in calculus ..... e to the dx, dx dy, cos, tan, theta, pi, to hell with differentials, .............

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer
ACC transfer rules:

...required to complete one (1) academic year (two full semesters or three full quarters) of residency at the certifying ACC institution before being eligible to compete for or to receive athletically related financial aid from the certifying institution. Such an academic year of residency shall count as one of the student-athlete’s four (4) permissible seasons of competition permitted under NCAA legislation.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
So he'd have to pay his own way for the first year...yeah he's probably going somewhere other than ACC. Nick Saban on line 2.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
If I were him I'd look at Auburn, Arizona, or even Michigan. Coaches who value athletic QB's and put them in positions for success.

prifle2

Jolly Good Fellow
From an abilities stand point he's a perfect fit for GT.

He's an very good QB and has great speed, but i didn't see anything in that clip that say's he's willing to run a midline or take on a DE on a planned run. Even his option runs he takes the ball wide. The only plays he ran up the middle were broken pass plays in which the defense parted and created a lane for him. Not saying he is afraid of contact or anything, but after the Vad Lee experience, I want to see football toughness in my QB's before I worry about how athletic they look.