QB Helment & OC Communication: King and Foster

57jacket

Helluva Engineer
Not so sure you'd want noise cancelling - most of the noise cancelling headphones either block all noise or block specific frequencies - stadium noise is human voice noise, so cancelling it would effectively make him deaf to players on the field.
A little foam in the ear hole would probably suffice for filtering the larger noice. But, of course he wants to hear his players and the refs so it couldn't be much.

dmurdock

Jolly Good Fellow
I noticed Efford doing the same thing. Maybe our audio system wasn't set up loud enough, and keep in mind that both teams had to jump through some hoops to get approval for broadcasting on certain frequencies from officials in Ireland. Maybe our audio system is purposely turned down low so players can focus on what's happening on the field and not be distracted by helmet audio; the coaches know when the player puts in hands to his helmet earholes that he has the player's full attention. I didn't notice any FSU players doing this so maybe we just embraced the technology more than FSU.

CEB

Helluva Engineer

So you’re saying that there has been a massive overreaction to this and that all of the hand wringing about how a technology school continues to screw up technology is totally unfounded? On top of that, you’re telling me that what we observed was ACTUALLY a product of diligent and zealous preparation?

Geez… am I still on the Tech board?

It just feels so good to be negative… like a warm fuzzy blanket. I’m not sure how to process all of this competence.
IMG_0098.gif

DC Bee

Ramblin' Wreck
I noticed Efford doing the same thing. Maybe our audio system wasn't set up loud enough, and keep in mind that both teams had to jump through some hoops to get approval for broadcasting on certain frequencies from officials in Ireland. Maybe our audio system is purposely turned down low so players can focus on what's happening on the field and not be distracted by helmet audio; the coaches know when the player puts in hands to his helmet earholes that he has the player's full attention. I didn't notice any FSU players doing this so maybe we just embraced the technology more than FSU.
I saw DJU covering the holes in his helmet too

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
I saw DJU covering the holes in his helmet too
That was to decrease the volume of boos he was hearing from the FSU crowd. The same crowd that was hyping him up for Heisman consideration all the way through their first drive.

RhoChi

Ramblin' Wreck
Interestingly enough, the headsets went out in the 2nd half of the game. Neither team was using them.