QB Helment & OC Communication: King and Foster

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
Wonder what King would scale the impact of having an open and direct communication link between himself and Foster during the game is on a scale of 1-10? Pre GT Foster was known as a critical link, focusing, and QB whisperer to the uga QB so I wonder what the impact of this new rule and direct communication link OC to QB will be to keep King calm and focused during and throughout the game will be this year? As you watch the game you can tell it’s difficult for the QB to hear on the field and “in live action” but I imagine that as close of a partnership that for King and Foster it’s only going to a a big plus in our game management and calming impact for King in the midst of working through game management issues and play calling. Not to mention it helps to heap on the pressure for the opponent because we can go so much faster between plays and limit defensive substitutions. It will be interesting to see how much more efficient we get as the season goes on and how much faster we push the pace with this rule change. Go Jackets!

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
You may be correct? I am not sure how the flow of calls come in. I just assumed the OC would talk directly to the QB but it may go OC -Qb coach- Qb. Not sure just seems it would be faster OC to Qb but not exactly sure how it goes.

King2b

Jolly Good Fellow
Wonder if they have noise canceling. Seems like it could help with the background noise if the crowd.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Wonder what King would scale the impact of having an open and direct communication link between himself and Foster during the game is on a scale of 1-10? Pre GT Foster was known as a critical link, focusing, and QB whisperer to the uga QB so I wonder what the impact of this new rule and direct communication link OC to QB will be to keep King calm and focused during and throughout the game will be this year? As you watch the game you can tell it’s difficult for the QB to hear on the field and “in live action” but I imagine that as close of a partnership that for King and Foster it’s only going to a a big plus in our game management and calming impact for King in the midst of working through game management issues and play calling. Not to mention it helps to heap on the pressure for the opponent because we can go so much faster between plays and limit defensive substitutions. It will be interesting to see how much more efficient we get as the season goes on and how much faster we push the pace with this rule change. Go Jackets!
Occasionally King’s facial expression getting the play through his helmet was like “really” then back to game face

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
Maybe this has been discussed already, but how do they enforce the cutoff of the comms at 15 seconds on the play clock? Is an official monitoring the channel?

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Maybe this has been discussed already, but how do they enforce the cutoff of the comms at 15 seconds on the play clock? Is an official monitoring the channel?
In the NFL the League does cut off the comma link. Not so hard with 32 stadiums. Not sure how college football does it with well over a hundred stadiums.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
The FSU QB did not seem to have the same problem King did hearing the radio calls. Are we technology challenged?
They have probably double the living alumni we do and were a majority of the fans in Aviva on all accounts. It sounded much louder on TV when we had the ball. Opposing QBs will make the same gesture in Bobby Dodd this season and that is your sign to ratchet the crowd noise up another 30 dB’s.

AugustaSwarm

Ramblin' Wreck
Wonder if they have noise canceling. Seems like it could help with the background noise if the crowd.
Not so sure you'd want noise cancelling - most of the noise cancelling headphones either block all noise or block specific frequencies - stadium noise is human voice noise, so cancelling it would effectively make him deaf to players on the field.