Props - RIP Chip Kell - Only guy I saw block Perdoni (Link)

DeepSnap

GT Athlete
Link

Rock & Kell would have hand-to-hand combat, wrestling matches when we played Tennessee in 1969 & 1970.

Rock's hands and wrists were black & blue the week after the Tennessee games.

Chip wasn't as successful in terms of wins as a HS HFC as his dad, but he was certainly respected by all in NW Georgia & loved by his players. You can't ask for more than that.

Props. RIP.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Link

Rock & Kell would have hand-to-hand combat, wrestling matches when we played Tennessee in 1969 & 1970.

Rock's hands and wrists were black & blue the week after the Tennessee games.

Chip wasn't as successful in terms of wins as a HS HFC as his dad, but he was certainly respected by all in NW Georgia & loved by his players. You can't ask for more than that.

Props. RIP.
Those Avondale teams were great. I remember a Druid Hills - Avondale showdown in maybe ‘66 that was a classic. Stanley Byrd, a neighbor of mine, was the DHHS QB.

RIP Chip.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
He played along side a friend of mine at UT who was the starting center on the SEC championship team.

croberts

Ramblin' Wreck
Great guy. Got to meet him in early 80s when I believe he was coaching at Chamblee. Ironically, I was the head track coach at his alma mater (Avondale) where he set the state shot put record of 66 ft.
Growing up a huge Tech fan, also witnessed the Perdoni matchups.
Time stands still for no one .😔