Proof that GT will have a pretty good season

Techster

Helluva Engineer
http://www.foxsports.com/college-fo...e-clemson-atlantic-coastal-predictions-082214

Mandel: Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets. The Jackets have never finished lower than third in their division under seventh-year coach Paul Johnson but the program is littered with questions, most notably on both lines of scrimmage. And sophomore QB Justin Thomas was pressed into duty after Vad Lee inexplicably transferred.

I believe the last time Stewie Mandel at SI picked us to do badly we actually ended winning 9 games. Thanks, Stewie!

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
To clarify: That paragraph explains why he labeled them the flop, ultimately 6th in coastal.

gt2690b

Georgia Tech Fan
Read what he says.

yeah.. still dont get it.. "biggest flop" going from 3rd to 6th in the acc is like, maybe a tiebreaker difference.. not to mention most people dont have us at 3rd anyway.. its not a "flop".. guy is a moran!

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
yeah.. still dont get it.. "biggest flop" going from 3rd to 6th in the acc is like, maybe a tiebreaker difference.. not to mention most people dont have us at 3rd anyway.. its not a "flop".. guy is a moran!

He's looking at it differently from you. He's saying that a team which is typically 1st or 2nd will be 6th. He's saying that's a flop.

Fwiw, the other guy called UNC the flop while still ranking them ahead of us. He's doing it based on other preseason expectations.

There's logic to both interpretations of flop, but each sounds stupid from the other perspective. How is UNC a flop if they endup where they have been.

GT Man

Ramblin' Wreck
The media simply doesn't like GT. PJ gets it, and it was awesome when he called out Dinich. I think he'll have another opportunity to do that again this year, because we are going to make them look silly.

Atomic Jacket

Banned
http://www.foxsports.com/college-fo...e-clemson-atlantic-coastal-predictions-082214

Mandel: Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets. The Jackets have never finished lower than third in their division under seventh-year coach Paul Johnson but the program is littered with questions, most notably on both lines of scrimmage. And sophomore QB Justin Thomas was pressed into duty after Vad Lee inexplicably transferred.

I believe the last time Stewie Mandel at SI picked us to do badly we actually ended winning 9 games. Thanks, Stewie!

Stewart Mandel enraged a lot of Tech fans when he declared one preseason that Chan Gailey was the worst coach in college football. A couple years later, Gailey was fired.

Here's my prediction. Tech will have a bad season. This may be the first season in a long time we do not become bowl eligible. I think we will finish the season 5-7 overall (2-6 in the ACC). Our season will hinge on 3 games: Duke, at Pitt, and at NC State. I think we lose 2 of those games, though it's entirely possible we'll win all 3, in which we'll surely go bowling, and maybe even if we only win 2 of them.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Stewart Mandel enraged a lot of Tech fans when he declared one preseason that Chan Gailey was the worst coach in college football. A couple years later, Gailey was fired.

Here's my prediction. Tech will have a bad season. This may be the first season in a long time we do not become bowl eligible. I think we will finish the season 5-7 overall (2-6 in the ACC). Our season will hinge on 3 games: Duke, at Pitt, and at NC State. I think we lose 2 of those games, though it's entirely possible we'll win all 3, in which we'll surely go bowling, and maybe even if we only win 2 of them.
Right on time. You have to be one of the least optimistic members on this board. You may be right, but it don't think so. I think we're a minimum of seven wins this season, probably more.

Declinometer

Banned

At least you have something to pull for now. I can see it now. Hoping we miss field goals and have turnovers so that you prediction will be correct. Enjoy the season !

Blumpkin Souffle

Bidly Biddington III

Hahaha

johncu

Jolly Good Fellow

Dude... Tech fans were rightfully enraged when he said that about Gailey. I'm no Chan fan, and he needed to go, but he was mediocre AT WORST. We decided that we needed an innovative coach to compensate for our restrictions and disadvantages, so we went and got one.

Mandel was a tool when he said that and he's being one here as well, although many others have said very similar things about Tech this season. Personally, I don't see any reason we'll be worse than we have been, and there are a lot of reasons for potential optimism. We've shot ourselves in the foot just about as much as possible and still had winning records. IMO the worst-case scenario is we blow it (again) against the likes of VT and Miami an end up 7-5 or something. Best case is we have a 2009 type season where we actually put teams away down the stretch and win 9-10 games and the division.