Projections show that Tech/Miami could draw a solid crowd.

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer
Our highest crowd this year is 41K, and our lowest was just shy of 30K. But up until this point 51,462 tickets have been sold for the game tomorrow. NOW... this obviously won't be the attendance number. Some of those tickets will be on the resale market... and sometimes people have events, work, or family plans get in the way of going to the game. Regardless, with the rain moving out the weather tomorrow looks to be decent. Maybe a slicker field that usual but nothing that could drive fans away from attending games. Combine that with the teams improvment under Key, and we may have a decent crowd tomorrow. It's also is not a noon game which always helps.

Another thing that will help us fill stands, are Miami fans. Now don't worry I don't think this will be like a Georgia or Clemson game. Tech will have the upper hand in the crowd. But Miami fans usually bring at least 20% of the crowd. Considering how they've struggled on the field in the last decade as well was how far Miami is from the ATL, they travel well. People mock them for empty seats at home games but they still fill about 75% of an NFL stadium on a game to game basis.

Anyway... I'm gonna yell this for the people in the back.

IF YOU ARE ABLE TOMORROW AFTERNOON AND DON'T YET HAVE TICKETS.... BUY THEM! IT'S SENIOR DAY TOMORROW AND WE NEED TO SHOW OUR JACKETS WE LOVE EM! I WANT TO SEE THE PLACE ROCKING TOMORROW. (EITHER IN CHEERS OR JEERS, BUT EVEN IF WE LOSE DON'T BE SILENT.) I KNOW WE HATE THEM... BUT KIRBY MADE A GOOD STATEMENT TO HIS FANS. IF YOU CAN TALK AFTER THE GAME... YOU. DID. NOT. YELL. ENOUGH.

Go Jackets! See you tomorrow! And for all veterans alive or dead... Thank you!

Chas_Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Edit - didnt see the “Not” in front of the noon comment

Attachments

• 914D72CD-7A1D-4460-825B-64B9EB90EDEA.jpeg
    914D72CD-7A1D-4460-825B-64B9EB90EDEA.jpeg
    109.5 KB · Views: 24

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I had two chances to come this year for games. I declined because of Collins and just dreaded a 6 hour drive home after a loss. I now have some renewed hope.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Our highest crowd this year is 41K, and our lowest was just shy of 30K. But up until this point 51,462 tickets have been sold for the game tomorrow.
If Tech has sold 51,000 tickets to the Miami game, it's proof that winning is having a positive effect on attendance already. That's a near sellout.

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer
If Tech has sold 51,000 tickets to the Miami game, it's proof that winning is having a positive effect on attendance already. That's a near sellout.
Yeah but as I said some of that was pre season, we probably won’t crack 50K. However I still expect for us to have 35K…. AT LEAST.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
The program has been damaged, but it's looking a lot better now. It will take some time to get it going again. We're leaving now to go to the game.

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer
The program has been damaged, but it's looking a lot better now. It will take some time to get it going again. We're leaving now to go to the game.
I’m excited. Me, my bro, my dad, and our friend are leaving at 2:30 (we live in Atlanta so we don’t have to travel far) for the game. Should arrive on time for band performance as well as senior day honors.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Distances aside, I'd rank traveling fanbases in the ACC:

Clemson > Florida State > Notre Dame > Miami > Virginia Tech

Miami is a pretty small school/alumni base as its a private school but the city treats them like a pro team and they have a loyal fanbase around the country from the 80s/90s golden years (not to be confused with the Golden years). Notre Dame's attendance always surprises me but I think a lot of students from metro Atlanta/Cobb get degrees from there and return home or their family's become fans. Plus the Catholic connection.

We don't play Louisville a lot in football obviously but they bring huge numbers to McCamish for men's/women's basketball.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
this is the only game this season i sat upper east. Not very crowded around me despite being in the first 15 rows right on the 50. Upper north couldn't have had more than 600 people. plenty of seats available everywhere i could see in the west.

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer
this is the only game this season i sat upper east. Not very crowded around me despite being in the first 15 rows right on the 50. Upper north couldn't have had more than 600 people. plenty of seats available everywhere i could see in the west.
East was about as full as it’s been this year, looked to be 35K in attendance today.