Projections for this weekends games

gt13

Ramblin' Wreck
Just goes to show, anybody can beat Florida if they turn the ball over 5+ times. For example. uga. I'm such a hater it is ridiculous.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
Man, BYU woke up after losing the close game to UVA last week. Our OL and DL will have their hands full.

BerryGT

Georgia Tech Fan
Didn't see the game but didn't think Miami had it in 'em. For those who watched, how much did Miami's D have to do with the turnovers?

JacketTrain

Jolly Good Fellow
USCe
BYU
UofM
Miami

I tried to tell you all that BYU would beat Texas...the Longhorns are living on past accolades. BYU will be a handful in Provo but I think we beat them handily. Also, with UVA playing BYU the way they did (forget the Oregon game), they're going to be a little tougher than expected too. ****pats self on back for going 3-1 (dang you USCe)****

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Nothing. Both offenses were trying to lose the game. Looked like pat nix vs. Jeff 'turnover' driskel

Actually I disagree. When you pop a QB from the blind side and hit them as they're ready to throw, that's a turnover caused by the D. Similarly you can't say the other fumbles were strictly on Florida's O... while the ball shouldn't have popped out on those the Miami players were responsible for hitting the ball as the carrier was going down.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I tried to tell you all that BYU would beat Texas...the Longhorns are living on past accolades. BYU will be a handful in Provo but I think we beat them handily. Also, with UVA playing BYU the way they did (forget the Oregon game), they're going to be a little tougher than expected too. ****pats self on back for going 3-1 (dang you USCe)****

Why do you think we'll beat BYU handily? What they did to Texas' D gave me flashbacks to our game last year. Furthermore their D looks just as good despite losing some players... Texas' O is definitely above average. Unless folks are reading way too much into the Elon game there has been nothing so far that indicates our O or D are significantly better than last year...yet, meaning we will be an underdog and expected to lose in Provo.

Pj4prez01

Jolly Good Fellow
Actually I disagree. When you pop a QB from the blind side and hit them as they're ready to throw, that's a turnover caused by the D. Similarly you can't say the other fumbles were strictly on Florida's O... while the ball shouldn't have popped out on those the Miami players were responsible for hitting the ball as the carrier was going down.
I agree. Miami's D did a good job forcing the fumbles. David Sims could end up hurting us against them.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
He only seems to carry the ball away fom his body while in the open. As long as he's moving the pile, there won't be an issue. The one who has historically shown a propensity to cough up the ball is Synjyn Days. Hopefully he's overcome those tendencies.

JacketTrain

Jolly Good Fellow
Why do you think we'll beat BYU handily? What they did to Texas' D gave me flashbacks to our game last year. Furthermore their D looks just as good despite losing some players... Texas' O is definitely above average. Unless folks are reading way too much into the Elon game there has been nothing so far that indicates our O or D are significantly better than last year...yet, meaning we will be an underdog and expected to lose in Provo.

I think we'll beat BYU handily because our offense will be more efficient and we'll be able to move the ball. Texas' O is anemic and their D is over-rated. Mark my words...we win handily (unless the refs get REALLY involved)

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
In other news... #25 USC lost to Washington State 10-7. Way to go poll voters.

I think we'll beat BYU handily ...
I actually thought this until I watched their game last night. Now, I think we'll win a close game. Didn't have anything to do with Texas at all, they just played really well throughout the game. Total about face from their UVA game a week ago.

Things to chew on:
679 total yards on offense alone
-2.0 turnover margin for BYU but still almost a 3 TD margin of victory

On a side note, I don't know who their DC is but Texas couldn't adjust to the QB keeper all game.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I respect your opinions JacketTrain and John. I admit I did not watch their game vs. UVA. That said what I saw last night was a QB and 2 RBs on BYU's side that were bigger and faster than any runners we were able to consistently tackle for 60 minutes last year. From my point of view Jamaal Williams is a better back than anyone we have on our side, and he beasted and feasted on Texas just like he did at Bobby Dodd last year. The backup Lasike was not much of a drop off either.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
I respect your opinions JacketTrain and John. I admit I did not watch their game vs. UVA. That said what I saw last night was a QB and 2 RBs on BYU's side that were bigger and faster than any runners we were able to consistently tackle for 60 minutes last year. From my point of view Jamaal Williams is a better back than anyone we have on our side, and he beasted and feasted on Texas just like he did at Bobby Dodd last year. The backup Lasike was not much of a drop off either.
Yea, no one really knows what type of team we have this year but we'll find out in the next few weeks.