Press conference 6:30 PM Eastern. Ramblinwreck.com

GTRock

Jolly Good Fellow
He didn’t say pro-style. He said WTTE of: systems that prepare them for the pros, or systems that translate to the pros.
I think he was very careful with his wording there, and I believe it was deliberate.
We will not be running the flexbone. I don’t know what we will run, but that was the meaning behind that imho.
Exactly

Formerly, elsewhere "GTjay"

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
Although there was a good bit of coach speak, he came off as a genuine guy to me. He didn't want to get into specifics about how the process went with ADTS, but I'd be willing to bet he or his agent reached out or ADTS had been in contact with his agent prior to PJ's retirement. Looking back at the press conference when PJ retired, ADTS literally described Collins (innovative, knows the ins and outs of GT,etc). The energy he brings has been lacking for the past few years from a head coaching standpoint, but I remember PJ being pretty passionate early on as well. Let's hope CGC doesn't let the Hill, recruiting limitations, etc drain the energy. What did PJ in was the many years of having Bobinski as the AD. We have a visible AD now that wants to play ball with the big boys.

GTRock

Jolly Good Fellow
Pastner said these same things. I've seen more exciting church league games than our bball product at the moment
Watched Pastner's. It wasn't as impressive as Collins' to me FWIW. The substance in between the pitch talk ("dream job") is what I pay attention to. Talk is cheap however.

Formerly, elsewhere "GTjay"

pbrown520

Ramblin' Wreck
Lol...bet you are fun at the Christmas party.

Yeah, I guess. I just don't get overly excited about people saying all the things you expect people to say. Of course he's not going to say in his presser that GT is a slightly above average job in a P5 conference. He also fell in love at first sight and his wife only loved him back because he was from Atlanta. Whatever floats your boat. I'm much more impressed that he's run some really good defenses in his career. Let's see if he can replicate that here while having at least a middle of the road offense. That hasn't been done here in 20 years or more.

wgardiner3

Jolly Good Fellow
He also mentioned that there are many different offenses run in the NFL and that we need to review our roster and see what works best for the personnel we have. We don't even know who he will hire as OC yet, so we have no idea which style offense in the NFL we may try to emulate.

TheTaxJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
If he truly tries to run a pro style offense......we will be firing him in 3 years. Can't recruit that style of player to Tech

Man...you are so stuck and on the triple option. I give you credit you have stuck to your guns. But that period is over. GT is above that service academy mentality. No need to be so abrasive against what the new coach wants to do. Accept the change. The old regime was 1-5 against Duke. That’s unacceptable. The “better way” wasn’t working anymore.

Old School

Jolly Good Fellow
If he truly tries to run a pro style offense......we will be firing him in 3 years. Can't recruit that style of player to Tech
Yes he can. As a matter of fact, he’s already done it at Tech....under two different coaching regimes. Half the battle is having high school kids believe they can get to the NFL with the offense and defense we run.