President Obama will be Speaking from McCamish next Tuesday (3/10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Connor

Georgia Tech Fan
Great opportunity for current students to experience something exciting in McCamish this season for once. Attendance seems to be closed to just the current GT community.
launch3.jpg

Details--> http://www.gatech.edu/obama

Line on campus was like this in only a few minutes from the announcement- a couple thousand deep.
HAqvPBW.jpg

Regardless of your political preferences and opinions, it'll be exciting to have a small bit of the national spotlight on campus- I hope the message can revolve around STEM.

Go Jackets!!

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I was a student when Pres. Carter spoke at the Tit. As you said, regardless of political leanings it is a rare opportunity.

I was there too. What really impressed me is I walked by some of the Secret Service cars and got a glimpse of the extra weapons in the cars. Ready to fight a war. I can only imagine the security today.

I'd go to see the President too. He is the Commander in Chief. Despite your political leanings, I think all Presidents in my lifetime have done what they think is best for the country. They all deserve respect IMHO.

thocut

Jolly Good Fellow
Stood in this line for 3 hours yesterday to get my ticket:

ZIYf9CG.jpg

It ended up going from the Peachtree Room of the student center, past the post office, under the stairs, out the door, all the way around Tech Green, past the fountain, up Atlantic Drive, and up past Howey. I heard that it eventually almost reached the Biotech quad

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I am really really impressed. What a huge opportunity for Tech!

For what it is worth, I have heard several presidents speak in my life time and this president is actually one of the better speakers.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Erik, why only positive Obama posts allowed?
Are you an Obama supporter??

Just not the topic for a political debate.

My opinion of the President carries no weight in this issue and I probably wouldn't have noticed if other users hadn't reported these posts.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I am really really impressed. What a huge opportunity for Tech!

For what it is worth, I have heard several presidents speak in my life time and this president is actually one of the better speakers.

Fwiw, I agree if we measure speaking by rhetoric and emotional appeal. However, by measures of national identity/unity, political significance and honesty, he's been one of the worst, imo.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Speaker... Yes...

However, he's over the top with "questionable" facts...
Regardless, current students should take advantage of the opportunity to see POTUS live.

Animal02

Banned
I was there too. What really impressed me is I walked by some of the Secret Service cars and got a glimpse of the extra weapons in the cars. Ready to fight a war. I can only imagine the security today.

I'd go to see the President too. He is the Commander in Chief. Despite your political leanings, I think all Presidents in my lifetime have done what they think is best for the country. They all deserve respect IMHO.

There was another time when the Science Cabinet member from China toured the computer center........spotted SS agents on the roofs of the Arch, EE and Library. The"jump car" had about a half dozen machine guns with the wire stock on the floor.

As for respect.......the position demands respect, just as rank does in the military........the person.............well that is up to each individual .

Status
Not open for further replies.