Presbyterian @ GT

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Just got back from ATL .... left at 0500 and averaged 66 mph..... King is doing better, 72 pitches 55 strikes, 78%!!!

5 SO, 0 walks :) . Up 5-1 to B6 as expected.

One error each team :(

It'll be interesting to see how our RPI changes, even with a sweep it may go down? Before 1st game was .5735 / 28th.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
GT wins first 5-1. King 97-72, 74% strikes, NO WALKS. Zero earned runs (one run was unearned on one of 2 Justus errors in the game.)

King is really coming on. I know it's only Presbyterian, but still damn good game. It doesn't matter who is at the plate if you can't throw strikes!

Next up Pitts, looking for his first win of the season. The coaching staff sees him in bullpen. I wish he'd turn the corner.

Kel didn't turn the corner. 0-4 but no SOs. I'd play someone else today and think about tomorrow. Not as punishment, but he is hurting the team.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Ok, we beat Presbyterian. Our RPI goes from .5735 to .5743 and we are still 28th.

About Kel, I should be more clear (and delicate). All I think he needs is a late night at the Cheetah. But that is probably not sanctioned by the NCAA. So maybe others have a solution?

Squints

Helluva Engineer
Let Kel swing the bat in live games. Only way to get his timing back. We're gonna need him come tournament time.

Squints

Helluva Engineer
And now the freshman tries to steal second down 3 and gets thrown out. Throwing away too many outs here.

Squints

Helluva Engineer
OH MY GOD YOU DO NOT SACRIFICE BUNT DOWN BY FOUR WITH ONLY TWO INNINGS LEFT.

IT'S LIKE A RELIGION WITH THESE GUYS.