Preparing helmets via Periscipe

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
We truly have an amazing brand and logo. The color combination really works well graphically, too, with the solid old gold background, white interlocking GT with solid black outline.

Does anyone know if they repaint the helmets for each game? Nevermind, I just heard one of them say they clean and re-decal them every game. Some are new.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
We truly have an amazing brand and logo. The color combination really works well graphically, too, with the solid old gold background, white interlocking GT with solid black outline.

Does anyone know if they repaint the helmets for each game? Nevermind, I just heard one of them say they clean and re-decal them every game. Some are new.
That is a really distinctive logo. I think they could make better display of it on the jerseys and the playing field, but it is one of those things that just jump out at you.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
That is a really distinctive logo. I think they could make better display of it on the jerseys and the playing field, but it is one of those things that just jump out at you.
And it's immediately and universally recognized as well. That's what true branding is all about.

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
That's some of the unsung, Elfin magic behind the scenes that keeps our team looking sharp on gamedays. These student assistants, and a handful of fulltime equipment folks, do a fantastic job. And, not just for the players. They keep the coaches looking as sharp as they can, too.

If you've been there, don't let me bore you with some of what you are seeing. But, on that video there are some interesting features of the equipment room you may enjoy knowing about:
* On the upper walls, around the room, you see framed jerseys. Those are the Bowl jerseys from across the years. It is an amazing sight, with the patch on the front of each. And, to see how they differ from season to season.
* One of the corner display cases there behind the work table features Bowl gifts from over the years. Watches, rings and other memorabilia.
* Up top of that case, and a larger nearby one, are current uniform combinations. So, on the mannequins up there you'll see combos they could potentially use.
* In the back, behind the large work tables, are walls of boxed brand new shoes. It's a storage area that would make a shoe store blush.

Btw, in addition to equipment repair and safety maintenance, these hardworking folks also clean all the shoes. That's right--when the coaches are sporting those brand-new looking Nikes on the sideline from week to week, they were renewed on those same work tables in between games. They do a great job for Ga Tech at really un-glamorous tasks. So, I salute this group.

(One more note: this is probably one of the more highly-secured rooms in an already highly secured building. You can imagine that it would be ridiculous to think one could just walk in there and come out with memorabilia un-challenged.)

Last edited:

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Interesting to watch them work on Glanton's helmet from start to finish. Also, I have to say, I like the gold color of the helmets this year. It is not too shiny but it also does not have that dull army green hue that some have had in the past.