Pregame Sights and Sounds Video

Js-showman

Jolly Good Fellow
The empty stadium during pregame is pretty sad.
I've never quite understood why everyone waits until the last minute to walk into the stadium. I assume it is the tailgaters and the fact that you have to walk a good ways to get from the parking lots to the stadium if you're tailgating. Personally, I am not big on tailgating and don't hang around outside. I like to get into the stadium and watch the warm-ups 45 minutes to an hour before the game. I then watch in bewilderment at everyone arrive right at kickoff, or sometimes after kickoff.

Then again, that seems to be Atlanta. If you go to a concert or some other event at Phillips, it's the same damned thing. People arrive in droves 5 minutes after the events starts.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I've never quite understood why everyone waits until the last minute to walk into the stadium. I assume it is the tailgaters and the fact that you have to walk a good ways to get from the parking lots to the stadium if you're tailgating. Personally, I am not big on tailgating and don't hang around outside. I like to get into the stadium and watch the warm-ups 45 minutes to an hour before the game. I then watch in bewilderment at everyone arrive right at kickoff, or sometimes after kickoff.

Then again, that seems to be Atlanta. If you go to a concert or some other event at Phillips, it's the same damned thing. People arrive in droves 5 minutes after the events starts.
The students don't tailgate, per se, yet they show up late too. They like to blame it on the entry inspection, but I don't buy that. If you know what the deal is, just plan accordingly.

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete
The students don't tailgate, per se, yet they show up late too. They like to blame it on the entry inspection, but I don't buy that. If you know what the deal is, just plan accordingly.
A large portion of our students DO tailgate, IF they are in fraternities/organizations etc. Me personally, I'm trying to down as many Hopsecutioners as possible up until 15 before kickoff, then I take a road beer for the walk to the stadium. I've made it just in time to see the team run out on both occasions.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
A large portion of our students DO tailgate, IF they are in fraternities/organizations etc. Me personally, I'm trying to down as many Hopsecutioners as possible up until 15 before kickoff, then I take a road beer for the walk to the stadium. I've made it just in time to see the team run out on both occasions.
Let's do some math. Wake up 30 minutes earlier, start your tailgate 30 minutes earlier, finish your tailgate 30 minutes earlier, get to the stadium 30 minutes earlier, get to your seat 30 minutes earlier. Scratch that, no math necessary.

BobintheATL99

Jolly Good Fellow
I try to be there 30-20 minutes ahead of time. I've found you have to get there at least 45 minutes ahead of time for the big games because it takes forever to get through the turnstiles.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
I try to be there 30-20 minutes ahead of time. I've found you have to get there at least 45 minutes ahead of time for the big games because it takes forever to get through the turnstiles.

No wait at the turnstiles 45-50 minutes ahead of kickoff and you get to see all the players warm up (those hurt, backups, redshirts, scout players, and walk-ons included- a whole team experience).

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
I am soooooooo ready for Saturday. I really like the Sights and Sounds video. I hope we do one for Noter Dumb.

96Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Me personally, I'm trying to down as many Hopsecutioners as possible up until 15 before kickoff, then I take a road beer for the walk to the stadium.
Those things pack a whallop! On game day, I try to avoid anything made in Athens, though. Transmigration of Souls from Orpheus Brewing is a very nice (and even stronger) Midtown Atlanta substitute.

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
The least we can do as fans is to be in our seats when the Wreck rolls out on the field. I'm in my seat 30 minutes prior. The players bust their tails all week and they have earned a big time entrance to a noisy and packed house. Preaching to the choir.... I know.

Buzz4Him

Georgia Tech Fan
I tried to get in early, but the ticket sellers WOULD NOT work with me until about 10 minutes before KO. I then had to hump it to make it for KO.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
In the last couple of years the Tech AA has really stepped up its production of great video insights into the football program. I am not sure who ultimately is responsible but they deserve a thank you and possibly a raise.
I agree. I don't think there's one person - it's definitely a team effort - though I believe Chris Yandle is a major influence. He was hired just over a year ago and one of his noted strengths is social media.

From his bio:
During his time at Miami, he implemented a social media strategy across all platforms and a communications standards guide for the department.

http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/admin/mtt/chris_yandle_921235.html