Prediction for you ladies...

Buzz776g

Jolly Good Fellow
The scuttlebutt I always heard was that he has always had a good relationship with Cutcliffe. Now that may still be true, but I wonder if Cutcliffe still wants him. No knock on Vad, his efforts at JMU or his abilities; just that things change in CFB.

thwuga

Georgia Tech Fan
No he won't. And he hasn't had a great year at JMU. My brother in law is an alum and I've watched most of their games online or on TV (we had 2 tvs going today). Doesn't look like Vad has improved a bit. And that's not sour grapes.

He has the talent to be an FBS QB but not the work ethic IMO.

Mechaniik

Georgia Tech Fan
No he won't. And he hasn't had a great year at JMU. My brother in law is an alum and I've watched most of their games online or on TV (we had 2 tvs going today). Doesn't look like Vad has improved a bit. And that's not sour grapes.

How do you know this?

Animal02

Banned
How do you know this?
He cannot transfer from a FCS to FBS school and play immediately UNLESS it is his first transfer. He would have to sit out a year.

"If you are now in a four-year school and want to transfer to another four-year school, we sometimes refer to you as a 4-4 transfer.
As a 4-4 transfer, generally you are not eligible to play at the new four-year school until you spend an academic year in residence
at that new school. However, there are exceptions that may allow you to play right away, read this section to see if an exception
can apply to you."

Exceptions for Divisions I and II if you are in a four-year school
If this is your first transfer…
If you have never transferred before from a four-year school, you might be able to use the one-time transfer exception to play
right away at a Division I or II school.
To use this exception, you must:
1. Be playing a sport other than baseball in Division I, basketball in Division I, men's ice hockey in Division I or football in Division
I. Note: In football you may be eligible to use this exception if:
a. You transfer from a Football Bowl Subdivision (formerly Division I-A) school to a Football Championship Subdivision
(formerly Division I-AA) school and have at least two seasons of competition remaining; or
b. You transfer from a Football Championship Subdivision (formerly I-AA) school that offers athletics scholarships to a
Football Championship Subdivision (formerly Division I-AA) that does not offer athletics scholarships.
Important Note: If you do not qualify for this exception due to any of the conditions in Subsection 1 above, you may
be able to use the exception if you were not recruited by your first four-year school AND have never received an athletics
scholarship.
2. Be in good academic standing and making progress toward your degree;
3. Have been considered academically eligible if you had stayed in your first school; and
4. Have a written release agreement from your first school saying that it does not object to your receiving an exception to
the transfer residence requirement. If the release is denied, you may be entitled to a hearing conducted by an institutional
entity or committee outside of the athletics department (e.g., the office of student affairs; office of the dean of students; or
a committee composed of the faculty athletics representative, student-athletes and nonathletics faculty/staff members).
Further, in Division I, if your request for a written release is not provided within seven business days of the previous institution
receiving the request, the release shall be granted by default and the previous institution shall provide a written release to
you.

bcaff

Jolly Good Fellow
This is Vad's 4th year in college. He could probably graduate even with transferring, right?

CobbTech

Jolly Good Fellow
Doubt Cutcliffe would take a guy for one year that he would need at least two years to develop into a competent FBS QB. Nothing he's done should surprise anyone. We knew he was great against FCS competition.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Not in the slightest a truth.
actually, 100% true.

The only way around it is to petition for immediate eligibility, usually done when a S/A transfers closer to home due to and illness or condition of a close family member. Now, if he graduates, he can transfer if his existing school doesnt offer a graduate degree in his chosen field or isn't accepted into the program.

Techster

Helluva Engineer

Um, by every measure, Vad is having an exceptional year for JMU. Coming into today's game versus Richmond (which he passed for over 400 yards with 2 passing TDs and 1 rushing TD), here are his stats:

#4 in the nation in Total offense (3352 total yards)
#6 in passing yards (2633 yards)
#52 in rushing yards (719 yards)
#6 in passing TDs (24 TDs)
#36 in passing efficiency

Including the game he played today, he's passed for 3066 yards, 26 TDs, 6 INTs and rushed for 741 yards and 6 TDs. Those passing yards and passing TDs are JMU records. He's led JMU to a six game winning streak and just beat the #15 team. Remember, this is the first year in a new system, and this is the first year for the coaching regime at JMU.

People will want to discount those stats because it's FCS, and it's that's their prerogative, but to say he hasn't had a great year is kinda silly. It didn't work out for Vad and GT, but it's worked out well for both parties in the end. Vad is leading his team to a possible playoff birth, and GT is one Duke loss away from going to the ACCCG. He's in an offense now that suits his game, and GT has a QB now that suits our offense perfectly. No need to display any ill-will towards Vad IMO, especially given the year we're having.