Pre-Game Drink Options

CiraldosGhost

Georgia Tech Fan
Hey guys, I’m hosting a buddy Saturday for his first game day on the Flats. Since no tailgating is permitted on campus, any suggestions for pregame drink spots on the west side of campus? Most bars/restaurants don’t open till 11 am so our options are limited. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Go Jackets and take down Clem’s Son this weekend.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Arrive at parking spot. Mix beverage. Consume until restaurants open. Stagger to restaurant of choice. Continue consumption.
Plot twist; pick up WaHo to go from the TechSquare locale and mix up bloody’s at the parking spot while you eat.
Just make sure to get gold tomatoe juice (can’t rile up the GoldSquad too early in the morning with red or heaven forbid navy colors) 😇

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
Is it too early to begin the pre-game drinking?
LOL. Seriously, I was just thinking about that as I made an Alaska* and was walking back to the office.

*Alaska: 2.25oz Gin (I like The Botanist, but whatever you like), 0.75oz Yellow Chartreuse, couple dashes Orange bitters and a citrus peel squeeze to brighten it up.

BuzzDraft

Jolly Good Fellow
LOL. Seriously, I was just thinking about that as I made an Alaska* and was walking back to the office.

*Alaska: 2.25oz Gin (I like The Botanist, but whatever you like), 0.75oz Yellow Chartreuse, couple dashes Orange bitters and a citrus peel squeeze to brighten it up.
Oooh... chartreuse... how froo-froo of you!

As for me, "I drink my whiskey clear".

You know, like all the jolly good fellows do.

And it's NEVER too early to begin pregame drinking. I recommend early Thursday afternoon.

MidtownJacket

Staff member

Found out about the Botanist a few years back when we did a whisky trip to Scotland. Have been a frequent buyer of it since. The Alaska sounds good enough that I am walking towards my bar and am preparing to make one myself.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Well, I decided on some whiskey soda tonight (and of course tomorrow) with some PBR to keep me hydrated during the day tomorrow.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Oooh... chartreuse... how froo-froo of you!

As for me, "I drink my whiskey clear".

You know, like all the jolly good fellows do.

And it's NEVER too early to begin pregame drinking. I recommend early Thursday afternoon.
I drink mine neat. Still don't really know what whiskey clear means. I've heard so many interpretations, but none of them ring true with me.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Hey guys, I’m hosting a buddy Saturday for his first game day on the Flats. Since no tailgating is permitted on campus, any suggestions for pregame drink spots on the west side of campus? Most bars/restaurants don’t open till 11 am so our options are limited. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Go Jackets and take down Clem’s Son this weekend.
As a teetotaler, I am partial to a Varsity Orange myself.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Unaged, thus clear, whiskey is the interpretation I have always believed. It makes the most sense to me given the time period and history of moonshining.

Plus I always thought of the gambling part being a head nod to drinking your own stash.